Current forum format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current forum format

Its very quiet these days , the forum seems to have gone quiet on the installation of the current ` New style edition ` with all the addons and features noone uses .
    Isnt it worth going backwards to a simple more user friendly version and hopefully bring a few people back before it gets too dusty .
    WC

You might well have a point.

Comment

We could even put a poll in.................

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
        It's a bit late for a May Day dance!

Comment

If I knew how to .....

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
            It's a bit late for a May Day dance!

Just don't call me Morris!

Comment

Just don't call me Morris!
              Ok, Doris!

Comment

The mental imagery I'm getting is quite disturbing!

Comment

I don't think the format of the forum is an issue, albeit that we had teething problems. In fact, I think the change was a requirement in order to upgrade to the version of vBulletin that we're on now, in order to tighten security protocols, etc.

I do accept that traffic on here has been diminishing for some time, but that's another issue. Maybe ideas as to how we might address that would be more productive that ponderings about the platform?

Just saying...

Comment

Two separate issues I think Tony.

Why is is that practically every post hangs up and I have to refresh the browser to ensure it goes through? And the photo uploading facility seems to have crashed............... These things tend to put people off posting.

Just saying...

Comment

I know what you mean bfltd0. Im having the same issues. I thought my pc was on the blink.

Comment

Two separate issues I think Tony.

Why is is that practically every post hangs up and I have to refresh the browser to ensure it goes through? And the photo uploading facility seems to have crashed............... These things tend to put people off posting.

Just saying...
                        The first point is annoying and I've already reported it, actually... I shall see what i can do to get that resolved because it now only seems to work properly when quoting.

Not sure what the photo related issue could be without a bit more info. Are you talking attachments or hyperlinks, and what exactly happens?

Comment

Same problem with uploading photos, spend time doing a add and description then when try to add photos no joy. Have tried everything i know, which is limited. This is perhaps why not as many are viewing the forum. Any help with uploading my photos would be very much appreciated .
                          Regards
                          Jeff UK

Comment

It might help if people could describe the issue encountered. For example, I just tried from my mobile and was told that there was a problem writing a temporary file.

Comment

FWIW I don't have any issue uploading photos from Fototime...

Comment

Working...
                              X