Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

Which films have you been watching?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched LaLaLand recently. Although it has been nominated for gazillions of awards, it doesn't compare to the golden age of musicals (think Fred and Ginger). It's OK.

Comment

Also watched Amadeus at the cinema last week, This was a live version being transmitted from the National Theatre to a number of cinemas in the UK. Great fun.

There are a number of other productions being shown in cinemas coming up - Twelfth Night with a female lead is on the list!

Comment

And we saw Manchester by the Sea.

A pretty bleak and depressing family drama but powerfully acted.

Comment

Hidden figures.

Based on the true story of human computers in NASA working on the early space program. This is quite an uplifting film and a real view of where the computing power to provide the maths actually came from, against the backdrop of race relations at the time.

Comment

So far this week, I've watched Bad Neighbours 2 and Now You See Me 2.

BN2 was quite funny, having some real laugh out loud moments. A fairly worthy successor to BN1.

NYSM2 was enjoyable enough, with its SFX, but I didn't think it was as enjoyable as the first film. Whilst it assembled a very A list cast, some of the acting was a bit dull and the storyline fairly predictable.

Comment

Fences was quite good. I'd rate it 7/10

Comment

Watched "John Wick: Chapter 2" last night - much fun!!

Comment

I watched El Machina recently can thoroughly recommend it !

Comment

Watched the recent version of Ghostbusters this evening. I'd have to admit, I was rather dubious about how good it would be, but, once it got ibto its stride, and I put any notion of it being the same as the original out of my mind, it was actually quite enjoyable.

There were plenty of nods to the original, with some pleasing cameo appearances. The SFX were fun and made me wish that I'd bought the 3D version.

7/10

Comment

Originally posted by Watch-Collector View Post
                      I watched El Machina recently can thoroughly recommend it !
                      Is that the Spanish version of Ex Machina? ¬°Ay, caramba!

Comment

Saw "Logan" a few nights ago - great film, certainly not your average superhero/X-Men film.

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
                          Saw "Logan" a few nights ago - great film, certainly not your average superhero/X-Men film.

Yup, that's on the list to see!

Comment

Saw "Get Out" a few days ago - horror/psychological thriller/comedy(-ish)

Great plot and characters - thoroughly enjoyable!

Comment

Beauty and the Beast

Clearly loads of CGI but quite a good film anyway and definitely one for all the family.

Comment

I enjoyed War Dogs which was based on a true story. Good ending as it made you think....
                                Also The Accountant was good bit of entertainment.
                                I also enjoyed Dr. Strange more than I thought as I feared they were going spoil the comic character I knew.

Comment

Working...
                                X