No announcement yet.

Which films have you been watching?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally went to see "Alien: Covenant" two nights ago - I think it was probably the last showing locally. My wife and I were the only ones in the screen hall. In fact, we might have been the only customers in the cinema because, as we left the building, the main signage lights were turned off!! As for the film, I enjoyed it. Some "duh!" moments, but I've come to expect this and don't let it affect my enjoyment too much. Glad we saw it at the cinema. I'd give it 7.3/10

And last night, we watched "Wonder Woman" - very enjoyable, fun film! Solid 8/10

Comment

Watched Hanna the other night - what a waste of time! 2/5.
      Alice through the looking glass - I enjoyed it. 4/5
      War Dogs - wished it had been longer. 4.5/5
      Sausage Party - couldn't watch more than the first 5 minutes. 0/5
      Ant Man - enjoyable Marvel action, without the usual host of heroes. 4/5

That's all I can remember for now, though I'm pretty sure that there have been quite a few more.

Comment

Wonder Woman- very enjoyable hokum!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
          Wonder Woman- very enjoyable hokum!
          Any girl on girl?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post

Any girl on girl?

Bearing in mind the island she lives on is girls only, it is sort of possible................but not shown!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post

Bearing in mind the island she lives on is girls only, it is sort of possible................but not shown!
              BORING!!!

Comment

Been on a bit of a film fest recently.

My Cousin Rachel. This is a gentle whodunnit/love story/drama. Good production, fine story and genuinely open ending that could be interpreted several ways. Thought provoking.

Gifted. Laugh out loud in places, but consistently gripping story of the custody battle over a genius 7 year old. Some well drawn characters.

Baby driver. Action flick centred around a getaway driver and his love story with a diner waitress. There are twists and turns in the story (as well as some excellent driving stunts - albeit some are CGI - but a fun film overall.

Comment

Just came back from seeing Dunkirk.

While it looks at the events surrounding the evacuation from a particularly individual perspective in a series of interlinked yet standalone and intensely moving stories, the overall effect is impressive.

Potential Oscar winner!

Comment

Seen a few films on TV:

Morgan: futuristic AI shenanigans. Not bad, 6/10
                    Continuum (also called I'll Follow You Down, on IMDb): time-travel sci-fi film, with very little time-travel or sci-fi (!) but enjoyable and thoughtful, 6.3/10
                    War Dogs: 7/10

Comment

• Walk among the Tombstones - better than I expected. 7/10

Comment

• Just watched Dark Places, starring Charlize Theron. Very good film, full of intrigue and suspense. 9/10 Highly recommend!

Comment

• Just saw Annie (the 1982 version) on TV. Not my first choice but the wife and I went to see the stage version (with Miranda Hart) at the weekend and it was interesting to see the differences.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                            Just watched Dark Places, starring Charlize Theron. Very good film, full of intrigue and suspense. 9/10 Highly recommend!
                            Speaking of la Theron, I'm looking forward to "Atomic Blonde", which opens soon.

Watched "Baby Driver" a few nights ago - cool, stylish and enjoyable!

Comment

• Originally posted by harb View Post

Speaking of la Theron, I'm looking forward to "Atomic Blonde", which opens soon.
                              If it is anything like the trailers, seconded!

Comment

• Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post

If it is anything like the trailers, seconded!
                                If it is anything like the trailers, thirded! Or, should that be Theronded!?

Comment

Working...
                                X