Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

Retirement...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found out yesterday that an even bigger fish than the one that swallowed us just swallowed them, and us along for the ride. The computer software conversion is off as we will now migrate to yet another system. We don't know much more than that except that it will take more time, and that they are legally bound to honor the contracts they have issued to us retainees along with the payouts. Stay tooned.

Comment

I pushed the pea around to eliminate my exposure to the stock market which I predict will undergo a "correction" and there are still unknowns with Mr Trump. I also signed up myself and The Rodentwoman for Social Security. I want to have the finances in place early next year so I know where I stand. There may not be an expensive watch buy at retirement, but we'll see. I need to leave some $ in my Daytona C fund. I paws for the laughter to subside. I've spent enough at the AD, but so have others. I ask about it whenever I'm there, which is rather often.

Comment

Well, the Daytona C fund has been justly eliminated. I got a call from Social Security and the checks start in January. Took them only 14 days to process my application. Geez, getting a carry permit from the stinking county takes 30 days (prescribed by law they must issue in that time period.)

​I am considering a DSSD J Cameron blue dial but need to get some finances in order first. There is also a Korth I want but that's 5k. They say the German built Korths run like a Swiss watch.

Comment

Korths are really well-made. I fired a few back in the day when we were allowed to...................

They were supremely over-engineered and had a correspondingly high price tag, which put UK shooters off, as we could get Colts, Smith and Wessons, Rugers etc easily and relatively cheaply.

I love the 2" Sky Marshal. Such a fugly gun but why on earth would you put a Picantinny rail on such a small piece!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
            ...why on earth would you put a Picantinny rail on such a small piece!
            Y'know, I've always wondered about that...

Comment

I was surprised to learn the concealed carry is not only legal in Czech, but also relatively easy to get the paperwork. Czech gun laws are quite relaxed compared to a lot of other countries.

Comment

The SuperSport that I want is butt ugly, but I have a reputation amongst the local community for having the best collection of ugly ones. So I have a reputation to uphold. In its defense though, it has some features that the other model in that caliber does not.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                  I was surprised to learn the concealed carry is not only legal in Czech, but also relatively easy to get the paperwork. Czech gun laws are quite relaxed compared to a lot of other countries.

Wait till they have been in Europe for a while - I am sure there will be attempts in future to "harmonise" the gun laws across Europe. And that inevitably means every country adopting the most strict rules..........

Comment

I decided against the Korth. It's probably worth the 5K but I have other priorities.

​The Rodentwoman's application for Social Security was processed so in Feb we start getting that as well as mine. I think that may be the end of the big ticket items. I have ordered a DSSD blue but could change my alleged mind. I still want it, but now I need to consider service on all these watches. Still I enjoy the hobby and have no regrets except for selling a few that I wish I had kept.

Comment

News is that the people who were going to be pasteurized on 3 March (including my boss) have been distended to 1 Sept. Rumor is that they won't be ready on that date either so an extension is likely. I am not sure if I want to stay or leave on 1 Sept. I believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, which isn't always the pursuit of money. There is time for me to agitate about this. Everything is on the table but Plan A is to leave unless they can convince me otherwise. Of course if I stay I can raise the level of the Final Watch. Right now it is the JLC Master Perpetual black dial in SS at 19k. We shall see.

Comment

Stay and upgrade to the SkyDweller.

Comment

Update: Big meeting 6 March with all the accounting people, over 200 of us. The Big Kahuna company will lay out its integration plan and hopefully I'll find out if I will be asked to work past 1 Sept. My boss told me they plan to keep the current computer system thru 31 Dec and obviously they'll need people who know it, and that's what I do.

​We shall see. I daresay I'll stay if asked and that will bring in some more $. I took a hit with the IWC but have scratched the Annual Calendar itch. I am seriously considering a PM Rolex, That 18k sub is sounding better and better. Too bad I'll have more time to agonize over it though!

Comment

Ah, not much news yesterday. We will be on current Oracle system into Q1 2018 but IF we are asked to stay past 1 Sept we won't get the 2x salary we are currently getting. So it looks like 1 Sept for me, but I haven't burned any bridges and if they make an offer I'll consider it.

Comment

Working...
                            X