Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timex is so passe. Now it's a Swatch!

Comment

Swatch!? On my predicted pension, I can but dream of a Swatch! A stick in the mud, working as a sundial will be more realistic in the aspirational stakes.

Comment

And on it goes. Now my stinking boss may change his mind and stay on another year. Reason? He says he is lazy and doesn't want to go through the job hunt process. So he'll put it off a year for a few extra bucks and that will help??

​He is lobbying me hard to stay on as well, which is self serving despite his assertions to the contrary. I haven't been treated fairly and I don't intend to stay.

​Deadline for final decision is this Friday.

Comment

Presumably the boss is a bit younger and has longer to work until retirement. I agree with his self-assessment - sounds like his will to humiliate himself in the round of interviews and rejections is not as strong as it could be and it is much easier to stick with the Devil you know.

In the end, you have to do what is best for you, You don't have to feel responsible for your boss's selfish attitude.

Comment

Tomorrow is the deadline and today I told him no, final answer. He is 37 BTW. I don't care if he stays or not, makes no difference to me. He still thinks they will come crying to us once they realize they are up the creek so to speak. I don't think so, frankly. Anyway, unless the make a serious 6 figure offer on top of what the current contract states, I'm done. My new job is pretty good. Pay is a little less but not much and the non-working conditions are great! USA health care is big issue, even Medicare.

Comment

Boss is in HQ for a week of meetings. Since we are all leaving the purpose of that escapes me, but much does. Boss is the only man to go forth unto Pharaoh and say "Let My People Stay."

Comment

Perhaps he is preaching "let my salary stay", rather than "let my people stay"....................

Comment

Working...
                X