Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

Kicking the habit...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking the habit...

I have decided, in my advanced middle age, to stop taking Ambien. I had trouble sleeping, and still do, but I have been taking this for at least 5 years and now that's enough. The stinking Dr said I could take it forever but of course it doesn't have the punch it once did so I cut cold turkey a couple of nights ago.

​Some tossing and turning, but no withdrawal effects other than that, which I expected and had anyway. I know how Harb feels about these drugs, and that aided my decision. Anyway, it was the right thing to do. Next project is to loose some weight which is a lot harder. There's this really good Chinese restaurant......

You could try hypnosis apps for sleeping. They work well for some people.

Comment

I have found my sleep is better since getting a spelt pillow. I find it far more comfortable than the standard kind of pillows.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
        The stinking Dr said I could take it forever......
        Hmm...I thought doctors had stopped saying that about sleeping tabs back in the 90s.
        Well done, though, in getting off it!

Comment

Working...
        X