Going under the knife - again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going under the knife - again!

Today's the day! Got to be at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, nr Portsmouth, for 7am - so an early start this morning (alarm set for 5am).

This time, I'm having a lump that measures approx. 4"x3"x1" removed from my upper thigh. They think it's a lipoma, but will be doing a biopsy to be sure.

In theory, it should just be a day surgery procedure, but who knows with my track record!?

Anyhow, see you on the other side!

ouch!, hope all went well.

Comment

Thanks, Ralph.

It's been a very long day, and have on just got home.

In the end, they did two procedures - one on my thigh and one on my elbow.

Apparently, I took rather a long time to come round from the anaesthetic - I the region of 4 hours!

Comment

Take it easy and get well soon.

Comment

Get better soon

Comment

Home is the best place to recover, which I hope you do in short order.

Comment

24 hours on and my thigh is a bit sore but my neck is really painful. I'd expected a sore throat but this is something else; being jolted in the car was agony. Having spoken to a GP, I've been prescribed some morphine to top up the co-codamol.

Here's hoping it settles soon!

Comment

Rest up and get well soon, Chris.

Comment

Hope your recovery is rapid, Chris! Warm weather is coming, with its outdoor demolition/construction projects.

I also had an outpatient procedure last week. The hospital outpatient clinic nurses have much more time to dedicate to one's every need... as opposed to those working in the inpatient part of the hospital, alas.

Comment

Update: Over the weekend, I ended up at A&E, as I was concerned that the area around the wound on my leg was turning red and might have been infection. Coupled to that, I was having a giddy spell with photophobia and weakness.

Long stor short, looks like the redness might have been an allergy to the dressing, despite the one on my arm not causing any issue. I was seen by the GP that prescribed the morphine the other day, and he has agreed, at last, that something needs to be done to get to the bottom of the recurrent symptoms and trips to A&E, so a referral to neurology, again, is now on the cards

Wound wise, apart from itching, which I take as a good sign, the wounds aren't causing too much trouble, and my neck feels better. The biggest issue is pain in my hand, where it has had two cannulas within 3or4 days.

Comment

Jeez Chris, it never rains but it pours. Good to hear this is not an infection but good to hear you are going to be looked at in neurology.

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                        Jeez Chris, it never rains but it pours. Good to hear this is not an infection but good to hear you are going to be looked at in neurology.
                        I just take it all in my stride, and keep swigging the morphine!

At least now, as far as I'm aware, there shouldn't be any more surgery on the horizon. So, if the Humira does a good job, with better weather, and maybe a bit of exercise, things might finally start turning round for the better!

Comment

Any excuse to get you money's worth out of the NHS!! 👍

Don't worry, I've been doing that recently too! 😎

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                            Any excuse to get you money's worth out of the NHS!! 👍

Don't worry, I've been doing that recently too! 😎
                            I pays me taxes, I use the service! Not like we get much else for our taxes these days.

Comment

Working...
                            X