Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

Cirque du Soleil: Varekai

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cirque du Soleil: Varekai

Watched this show at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow last night.

This was my first Cirque du Soleil show and I found it hugely enjoyable.
    Sure, the music sounded a bit like a mix of prog-rock, Enya, and Jean Michel Jarre sung in the language of the Minions () but, even so, it seemed to work!

The dancing, acrobatics and gymnastics on display, however, were mind-bendingly awesome (...and some pretty awesome body-bending, too!).

A truly spectacular event!

Over the years I've seen 'O', La Reve and the Beatles 'Love' in Vegas - using your word spectacular, they truly are. Incredible really.

Comment

We took our two boys along: the 10 year old seemed to be getting a bit bored at the start but then, when a new act came on, he suddenly sat bolt upright, pointed at the stage in amazement and remained transfixed for the rest of the show.

Our 8 year old fell asleep within the first 10 minutes

Comment

I went to see Cirque du Soleil in their Ama Luna show at the Royal Albert Hall recently. As Harb said, this is a great show and good for all ages. Very stunning physical feats, even if the language was completely made up. So globally understandable..............

Comment

I've seen Ka at the MGM Las Vegas twice now. I'm guessing it's a show that won't ever tour because the entire stage is custom built for the story. The engineering would be pretty mind blowing even without the visuals:

Comment

Harb, what would be your medical opinion re the body bending? As a layman, I am appalled. 😳

Comment

Originally posted by Snooty View Post
              Harb, what would be your medical opinion re the body bending? As a layman, I am appalled. 😳
              Why would you be appalled? Personally, I was amazed at the strength, agility and balance on display.

This just shows the incredible ability of the human body. Not every human, of course, but these dancers/gymnasts are extreme athletes who, thorough innate ability and extensive training, are able to perform feats that are amazing to behold.

Comment

I was thinking that it would be an abuse of the spine, and the cord within it. Every time I see the extreme bending, I imagine a catastrophic occurrence. Can't help it; it's my job; it's what I do! 😧

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

Why would you be appalled? Personally, I was amazed at the strength, agility and balance on display.

This just shows the incredible ability of the human body. Not every human, of course, but these dancers/gymnasts are extreme athletes who, thorough innate ability and extensive training, are able to perform feats that are amazing to behold.

Exactly! Some of us are able to perform amazing feats feats through our years of dedicated physical training.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooty View Post
                    I was thinking that it would be an abuse of the spine, and the cord within it. Every time I see the extreme bending, I imagine a catastrophic occurrence.
                    For yours and mine, certainly!

Comment

Working...
                    X