Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

British Troubadours...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Troubadours...

Calling all British Troubadours. I wrote a new version of "Barbara Allen" today...probably a result of my misguided youth spent reading MAD magazine. Someday I'll expectorate my perverse "The Yellow Raise of Taxes" or the Marty Robbins song "Big Iron." Anyway....

In Washington where I was born
    There was a fair maid dwelling
    And the USD cried well away
    For her name was Janet Yellen

Twas in the merry month of March
    The greenbacks were a swelling
    The USD on its deathbed lay
    For the raise from Janet Yellen

I sent a servant unto her
    To the place where she was dwelling
    Saying you must come to its deathbed now
    If your name be Janet Yellen

Slowly, slowly she raised it up
    Slowly, slowly it got high then
    And the only words to it she said
    USD I think you’re dying

Oh Uncle Sam dear make my bed
    Make it long and narrow
    The USD died for me today
    I’ll die for it tomorrow

Well, *I* thought it was clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
      Well, *I* thought it was clever.
      All the best poets are unappreciated in their lifetimes, Bob.
      I hope you continue to remain unappreciated for many, many years...

Comment

You've got to suffer for your art Rodentman... or is that you have to make other people suffer for your art......?

Comment

If I posted Poe's version of "The Raven" written after our 2000 election there will be a lot of suffering. Quoth the raven, no more Gore.

​Lessee, we've got Judy Collins "I've looked at sex from both sides now..."

​The Lovin' Spoonful doing "Do You Believe in Condoms" in honor of Magic Johnson.

​All seriousness aside, one great American troubadour was Phil Ochs. A tad on the radical side, but "Love Me I'm a Liberal" is classic. I am just plain sick.

Comment

Speaking of U.K. singers, Apple was kind enough to download this to me:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hjEYTpwE8

I couldn't get it out of my head. BTW, we haven't heard from Tim in quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooty View Post
              I couldn't get it out of my head. BTW, we haven't heard from Tim in quite a while.
              Have a look at this for something I can't get out of my head...

Comment

Always happy to have a gawp at the Minoguester! I'm surprised (disappointed) that you didn't post the Agent Provocateur advert though.

Comment

Harb, thank you for that video... not! 😳

PS: Feminists have informed us that such things unfairly stress women by setting unattainable standards of beauty, therefore I am endeavouring to to avoid viewing them. BTW, there are many TURF photos that I have not been able to get out of my head. Perhaps I should try Inderal? 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Snooty View Post
                    Harb, thank you for that video... not! 😳

PS: Feminists have informed us that such things unfairly stress women by setting unattainable standards of beauty, therefore I am endeavouring to to avoid viewing them. BTW, there are many TURF photos that I have not been able to get out of my head. Perhaps I should try Inderal? 😎
                    Just view any Harb kilt photos to displace anything likely to offend the bearded women!

Comment

Working...
                    X