Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

New Ride Bi*ch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ride Bi*ch

Recently picked up a Chrysler 300. I am very favorably impressed, except for the de rigueur complaint. The car's radio cannot play CDs! I can think of no satisfactory excuse for this. The universality of cell phone MP3s is an explanation, not an excuse. The CD format still reigns fidelity-wise, and likely always will. Unless humans evolve better hearing.

Do you guys think that there could soon be a time that the unsophisticated will not be able to operate the newer cars? I personally feel that we have just about reached that point. A couple of years ago folks started returning to their dealer, and having their car's Bluetooth features disabled.

Or, is it simply a personal problem? 😳

All cars should jam smell phone signals. "Infotainment Center" is an absolute crock. Distracted driving kills and maims thousands of people a year. I know, I lost a leg to one of them and I firmly believe that anyone caught using a stinking "device" in a car should have their license revoked permanently. And yes, CD players should be provided.

Comment

It''s amazing, that in our litigious society, people who use some of these devices fail to comprehend their legal exposure. In the aftermath of a collision, police can easily determine if a driver was texting, etc., at the time. The same exposure blinders are worn by those harbouring dangerous dogs.

Comment

Congrats on the new ride, Tom. Hope you enjoy many safe miles! Any pics?

As for the CD issue, personally, I think a single CD player in a car is a hazard - trying to get a disc out of its case and change when driving is a lot harder than with a tape, for example. A multi-changer is a better idea.
        As for the fidelity of the sound vs MP3, however, I'd say that this is of little practical significance in the massively compromised listening arena that is a car interior.
        Streaming from your phone, or via the car's in-built internet service, is the most efficient and superior method to date.

My bugbear, though, are touchscreens in cars - there is a balance between screens and physical buttons, and some manufacturers have gone the wrong way in shifting functions to a touchscreen which, no matter how intuitive, still requires more eyes-off-the-road time than physical buttons.

And as for people who handhold a phone to speak or, even worse, text, whilst driving, the criminal justice system must increase the penalties to make this as life-changing (for the offender) as a drink-driving conviction is.

Comment

Working...
        X