How much do you like your job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you like your job?

Just wondering how much you guys like the work you're in.
    I'd do it for free
    13.33%
    I like it a lot
    20.00%
    It's pretty good.
    26.67%
    Not so much
    13.33%
    Don't like it
    13.33%
    Hate it
    13.33%

I can honestly say that I enjoy my job so I chose "like it a lot."
    Sure, there are ups and downs but that'd be the case in any job.

Comment

Love it. I feel privileged to be able to do it

Comment

Been self employed since I was 23 (24 years ago) and had my own firm (IFA) since 27. I was very young to have set up my own practice but it's grown into a fairly success company. There are times when I've had enough and want to retire or go and do something less stressful, but in the main I wouldn't do anything else. I get great satisfaction from my work and I must be doing something right as I have some very longstanding loyal clients.

Comment

I used to enjoy my job very much but as the years have gone by and have reached my mid-life crisis age, I'm beginning to think that there must be more to life and want to experience other, newer things. The problem is I don't know what....

Comment

Of the various things I have done, I can honestly say that apart from the first post-uni job that I kind of fell into (and stayed 15 years so I made the best of it ), I have subsequently chosen what I wanted to do and was lucky enough to get what I applied for. So, although I would do none of them for free, I have liked them a lot.

Comment

I'd say it's pretty good. Allows me to have a good life including a decent watch collection so I can't complain....much😜

Comment

I'm liking it more and more since my retirement date is 1 Sept and my severance should allow me to buy yet another watch, should I be so declined. The new owners sign the deal on 1 June.

Comment

I like it a lot- won't get rich doing it but hopefully have a sensible income .
                  I have enjoyed the challenge of the last 18 months starting again in a different area of the industry and it is starting to get to a point where I have a nice order book and earning a sensible living again.

Comment

Originally posted by cakey View Post
                    ...it is starting to get to a point where I have a nice order book...
                    It's all very nice having a nice order book.
                    However, it's better if it's filled

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
                      It's all very nice having a nice order book.
                      However, it's better if it's filled
                      Lol this is true, I'll settle for a scruffy order book that is filled- just have to keep slugging away at it

Comment

I initially hated it due to my boss and the toxic culture. Over the years, the 'immediate' bosses came and went (I had 9 in 12 years), the culture changed and I really enjoyed my work. 3 years ago, I set about creating my succession plan and about a month ago this came to an end as my position was found to be redundant.

In the last 6 months I spent more time trying to look as though I was doing work than doing the work. I didn't like that so much! Everyone likes to coast for a little while but not for so long. My sense of value disappeared and of course there was the knowledge that I was slowly becoming irrelevant to the organisation.

Comment

For me, each client and each contract brings different qualities and different challenges, so it's a hard question to answer. My current project started off as a six month contract four years ago, and will probably end by October. I've missed working from home (I'm based next to St Paul's) but the project I'm discussing now will be based in Westminster, so no better in that respect.

Quite honestly, i think I'm ready to scale down or retire.

Comment

I really enjoyed my job until about 7 years ago when the company got caught unable to renegotiate loans and had to file for bankruptcy. Pretty much all came out intact including my job, but the new management team installed at the time were total wankers, particularly the head of my department who personified every stereotype about a****le New Yorkers. Fortunately he's retiring this month, but unfortunately the company is soon moving to a new building wherein the CEO will implement his dream of having everyone work in low-walled cubicles to promote "collaboration" . I fear that for someone who has been in an office for the entire 30 years with this company it will all finally be too much and I'll pull the plug. Fortunately I am totally prepared and able to do it, but wanted to be able to do it solely because and when I wanted to, not as a result of work finally becoming unbearable.

Comment

That is a good point. The acquisition of our company occurred yesterday and today we were asked to stay on past our previous enddate of 1 Sept. At age 67 on the verge of retirement I don't want my comfort zone rattled by new mgt. As you, I don't want to become unbearable or anything close to that. My alleged mind is now made up regarding my status as of 5 PM 1 Sept.

Comment

Working...
                              X