How much do you like your job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red herring View Post
    I really enjoyed my job until about 7 years ago when the company got caught unable to renegotiate loans and had to file for bankruptcy. Pretty much all came out intact including my job, but the new management team installed at the time were total wankers, particularly the head of my department who personified every stereotype about a****le New Yorkers. Fortunately he's retiring this month, but unfortunately the company is soon moving to a new building wherein the CEO will implement his dream of having everyone work in low-walled cubicles to promote "collaboration" . I fear that for someone who has been in an office for the entire 30 years with this company it will all finally be too much and I'll pull the plug. Fortunately I am totally prepared and able to do it, but wanted to be able to do it solely because and when I wanted to, not as a result of work finally becoming unbearable.
    Cubicles? Really?

That's decades behind the times, and counters everything we know about collaboration in the workplace today.

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
      Cubicles? Really?

That's decades behind the times, and counters everything we know about collaboration in the workplace today.
      Try telling that to the man who knows everything, and who is totally infatuated with the "Google" open workplace model despite that being an entirely different business and likely few employees over the age of 30.

Comment

Working...
      X