Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migraines

Any migraine sufferers?

I knew that I get migraines, ever since about 3-4 years ago. However, I didn't think that I ever suffered from any forms of aura.

However, recently I have been suffering from a range of strange neurological symptoms, often ending with me in A&E (for a change!). As a consequence, I saw a neurologist the other day, having had yet another MRI of me old noggin.

The upshot was, it turns out that it would appear that I'm getting far more migraines than I was aware of. Most of my migraines don't actually cause me the usual severe headaches, but instead manifest as neurological disturbances, such as visual problems, muscle weakness, slurred speech, cognitive problems, tingling in my nerves, heightened sensory perception, etc...

Having learnt this, it would actually seem that I'm experiencing migraines multiple times per week!

Not good.

Just thinking about migraines gives me a headache!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
      Not good.

Just thinking about migraines gives me a headache!
      Groan! Currently into my second today.

Comment

It seems as though you are experiencing several migraine equivalents (http://www.headaches.org/2007/10/25/...e-equivalents/). Fortunately there is preventative treatment (https://americanmigrainefoundation.o...ve-treatments/) for migraines - ask your neurologist...

Comment

I'm on several drugs that should help prevent them. One drug had to be reduced due to side-effects though. I can't have beta blockers due to asthma.
          I'm going to ask for a referral to the migraine clinic as things are not too good.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your migraines ChrisEdu. Its a shame you cant have beta blockers as my migraines cleared up after taking them. Is there no asthma-friendly beta blockers out there?

Comment

I guess that there aren't. Having started tracking my headaches and neuro symptoms, over the last week, I've had a migraine every other day.

Comment

I was treated for migraine for about 20 years by various doctors, neurologists, consultants, and a mixture of bone manipulators, acupuncturists and the list goes on.Mine occurred mainly in the summer and after reading an article in the Telegraph I solved the problem overnight, apparently blue eyed people who do a lot of sunbathing, which I did, need to wear sun glasses, in my case it was as simple as that! If I had not been led down the migraine path and the doctors had spent a little more time reading their notes to see when these attacks occurred then I am sure a solution would have been found much sooner!

Comment

I'm blue eyed, but don't don't sunbathe and virtually always wear sunglasses outside, as I hate daylight - I seem very sensitive to light. Sometimes, I wonder if it might be related.

This morning, whilst washing my hair, I noticed just how tender my scalp felt.

Comment

I am sorry to hear this. I don't have migraines, but as a BK amputee I have my share of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                      I am sorry to hear this. I don't have migraines, but as a BK amputee I have my share of issues.
                      Phantom limb?

Comment

Had some of that early on but after 26 years now, not so much. More issues with fit and mobility. I weigh too much also.

Comment

I can relate to weighing too much these days.

Woke with a dodgy head today, which has developed into an absolute bitch of a migraine.

Comment

Just been admitted to hospital suffering from excruciating head pain and sore neck. Have had an inconclusive CT scan, morphine, codeine, paracetamol, anti-sickness drugs and a drip. The medics are now discussing the possibility of a lumbar puncture.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Chris, must be terrible,chin up and keep fighting!

Comment

Working...
                              X