Very impromptu GTG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very impromptu GTG

Carl (cakey) and I are having an impromptu(ish) get together tomorrow evening, in Brighton if anybody else is interested in joining us for a drink. I realise it's very last minute, but he's over collecting stuff to take back to France, so we're grabbing the opportunity.

I know at least one Turfer is local to the area, and hopefully a few more might be? We are aiming to meet at 7pm. Should you wish to join us, please send me a PM and I'll forward further details.

Come on down, Mr Gow! Shouldn't take you long in your Maserati, or whatever your driving these days!

Comment

Just back from a lovely, enjoyable evening with Carl, my wife, and me!

Brighton Marina was a good venue and provided somewhere that provided food that I could eat - Italian.

As ever, no photos were taken, as we were too busy chatting about things to think about photos - to think, I had my very best drag outfit on for nothing!

It was interesting hearing about how things are going in France and about Carl's two little ones - his children, not nadgers!!!! France certainly sounds good and fairly relaxing.

The evening concluded with me on a table, using my skirt as a kilt and proclaiming ' FREEDOM!'

At that point, Carl sped off muttering so ething about the inaugural Turf south of France pool party this summer!

Anyhow, my use of a tablet is nearly finished, ad I must go bye byes!

Carl, it was lovely seeing you again fella. I hope you have a safe and trouble free journey back and remember, if you need a hand on the house, I have tools and can travel!

Send our regards to the family. Next time you're over, feel free to crash out here for the night before going back. That way we can really make a night of it.

Comment

Well done chaps just a pity about the short notice although the impromptu get togethers are usually the best.

Comment

All back and a load of jobs done I can have a evening to relax! It was good to catch up again Chris and as usual too short- As you say next time maybe longer and if I plan far enough in advance maybe we can make a good TURF event.
          I have got to get back to work on the house before you can work your way over though i am not sure I have enough space for the Festool Tower!!!

Comment

You better crack on then Carl, I'm planning on adding to the Festool collection again before too long; I've got my eye on their table and module that becomes a router table. I'm hoping to then use it to make some cupboards.

I'm also hoping to buy the big brother for my Festool domino jointer, which will allow me to complete various joinery projects, such as making doors, tables, furniture, etc...

Comment

Was on hols last week where the wifi was a tad underwhelming, but was one step up from the phone signal! And that was near Battle......so not that far!

Never mind - there is always next time!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                Was on hols last week where the wifi was a tad underwhelming, but was one step up from the phone signal! And that was near Battle......so not that far!

Never mind - there is always next time!
                Shame. That's the problem with East Sussex, it's still a bit behind the times, barely moving on from 1066.

Comment

Working...
                X