Britain to ban petrol,,,,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britain to ban petrol,,,,

Our press, famous for "fake news" says that Britain is going to ban petrol and diesel cars by 2040. I heard that France was planning the same. I'd like to see them try that here. The tree huggers who embrace "pollution free" vehicles will oppose the required power plants needed to meet charging demands. France gets most of its power from nuclear. The libs here don't want that either.

Now we have calls to disarm the police in order to stop police shootings, and calls for independent civilian review boards to judge their conduct. And people wonder why US gun ownership is high and rising.

Tonight, on Top Gear, we race three vacuum cleaners around the living room!

Comment

I still want a 1963 E-Type. Not likely though.

Comment

They need to get the hydrogen fuel cells sorted quickly! I don't want to drive a milk float!

Comment

I found this one for $8k but I think it needs too much work.

Comment

A lovely car but that looks like a LOT of work. A great project for retirement if you are into that sort if thing.
            Would look lovely when completed but could be a money pit.....
            I would love to do a project like that myself over a couple of years.

Comment

With this imminent ban, Simon, I'll give you a very generous £50 for the soon to be obsolete Aston.

Comment

I would never begin to tackle a car project. In fact, I think that one in the photo was a 1969 2+2, note the more modern taillights. When I was in HS they sold for under $6k and I kept nagging my Dad to buy one. He bought a 1965 Chevelle instead. I didn't think he'd go for it. Still one of the most beautiful cars ever made, and I am NOT a car person, frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                  With this imminent ban, Simon, I'll give you a very generous £50 for the soon to be obsolete Aston.
                  I have only driven it once in the last year, not had time to use it with health issues and work. I do start it every 2 weeks and move it round the drive.
                  You would be proud of my A&E visit this week and the following surgery - I nearly lost the little finger on my left hand. It looked awful, squashed, bent and bone sticking through it! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post

I have only driven it once in the last year, not had time to use it with health issues and work. I do start it every 2 weeks and move it round the drive.
                    You would be proud of my A&E visit this week and the following surgery - I nearly lost the little finger on my left hand. It looked awful, squashed, bent and bone sticking through it! Lol
                    As they say, this post is worthless without photos!

Comment

Ow!! Bloody hell, Simon, how did you manage that?!

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

Ow!! Bloody hell, Simon, how did you manage that?!
                        I was doing a good deed - moving a disabled hoist that collapsed crushing my finger. It didn't hurt at first but was in a bad way. Straight to A&E, was sure I was going to lose the end of the finger but they are miracle workers and saved what I thought impossible!

I can post a picture in a separate thread of the damage but not sure if it's too graphic? Not sure on the rules? I don't want any children upset by it that might see The picture. The picture is after the finger is in the first stage of being put back together - no bone sticking out - my woman wouldn't take a picture of that as made her feel sick (such a girl lol).

Comment

A lovely car but that looks like a LOT of work. A great project for retirement if you are into that sort if thing.
                          Would look lovely when completed but could be a money pit.....
                          I would love to do a project like that myself over a couple of years.
                          Sky are re running the restoration of a e type first show in 2001 , worked done at southern classics , the guy spent 100k in 2001. Worth watching

Sky discovery turbo A car is reborn maybe 6am in the morning but record it

Comment

I was doing a good deed - moving a disabled hoist that collapsed crushing my finger. It didn't hurt at first but was in a bad way. Straight to A&E, was sure I was going to lose the end of the finger but they are miracle workers and saved what I thought impossible!

I can post a picture in a separate thread of the damage but not sure if it's too graphic? Not sure on the rules? I don't want any children upset by it that might see The picture. The picture is after the finger is in the first stage of being put back together - no bone sticking out - my woman wouldn't take a picture of that as made her feel sick (such a girl lol).
                            Come on! Post some photos! There are no children on here since little Shane left.

Comment

Getting back on topic, what the government has completely failed to understand is that the drain on the national grid of millions of households all plugging in every night to recharge their car batteries will not be covered by the currently available power capacity. Unless by magic, everyone in the UK installs solar panels (not always guaranteed to work in this country............) or has a hamster running round a wheel to generate the required power, this is not going to work.

Not to mention (but I will anyway) that there are millions of cars in this country that are not parked conveniently in garages or on driveways belonging to or close to the owner's property, so there would have to be a massive infrastructure investment (either by the energy companies, auto manufacturers or the government) in building charging points literally on every pavement outside almost every house in the country.

This is clearly a short-sighted view of the future of transport.

Comment

Working...
                              X