Announcement

Collapse

*Please Read - Guidance to Members on Protecting Ownership of Pictures

To safeguard the authenticity of pictures posted in advertisements, members are advised to consider watermarking or in other ways identifying pictures as their own. They should also consider what details they divulge in their advertisement, eg do not display full serial numbers or identifying characteristics/details unique to the item.

The above is only a brief guidance and members should take safeguards as they deem necessary to prevent their advertisements being used by third parties.

TURF takes no responsibility and has no control over the use, by third parties, of pictures or text posted by members.
See more
See less

Sold - Blancpain Fifty Fathoms No Radiations Tribute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold - Blancpain Fifty Fathoms No Radiations Tribute

Now sold

Well, this is an opportunity that doesn't arise very often, and is only happening now as I've decided to focus on smaller watches. keep your eyes peeled for my PAM346 as well, which will be listed next week! Anyway...

Foe sale is my wonderful Blancpain Fifty Fathoms with boxes and papers (including a nearly new inner leather case). This is the limited edition Tribute (see review here) released in 2012, and this example is a full set first sold in 2013. Only 500 were made, and they tend not to appear on the used market very often. Obviously they're unavailable new.

The case is 45mm but, as anyone who has tried a FF can testify, they wear more like a 42/44 due to having very short lugs. The watch has no issues and keeps great time through it's three-barrelled movement which provides an incredible FIVE DAY power reserve. It's in fantastic condition too, with nothing to report other than a few very light hairline marks on the polished surfaces. On the wrist it looks mint, and the crystal and sapphire bezel are unmarked.

It will come with a brand new Blancpain sailcloth strap bought from the Blancpain Boutique in Bond Street. It will also come with/on the very nice after market calf strap with contrast stitching shown in the photos, an unworn alligator-embossed Hirsch Duke and a very lightly worn Brady sailcloth. The set is further enhanced with the addition of a couple of hex drivers that make strap changing a piece of cake, and an amazing Blancpain boxed 3D book on the history of the Fifty Fathoms. All in all, a wonderful opportunity to buy a stunning and rare watch as a "collector set".

This watch would be £10k+ at Watchfinder or on Chrono24, and that's if you could find one. I'm asking just £8250, payable by bank transfer, and this will include insured and tracked delivery. Just a couple of photos below, but there's nothing to show by way of defects as the watch is in near-mint condition with just the lightest signs of use. That said, I'll endeavour to take a few more shots over the weekend.

Last edited by learningtofly; 8th June 2017, 11:36 AM.

Back up for sale again, folks

Comment

A quick bump to say that I'll be providing a brand new Blancpain sailcloth strap, just ordered from the Bond Street boutique.
      Last edited by learningtofly; 5th June 2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Sold at asking price on another forum, but thanks to Watch Turf for the space.

Comment

Working...
        X