Announcement

Collapse

*Please Read - Guidance to Members on Protecting Ownership of Pictures

To safeguard the authenticity of pictures posted in advertisements, members are advised to consider watermarking or in other ways identifying pictures as their own. They should also consider what details they divulge in their advertisement, eg do not display full serial numbers or identifying characteristics/details unique to the item.

The above is only a brief guidance and members should take safeguards as they deem necessary to prevent their advertisements being used by third parties.

TURF takes no responsibility and has no control over the use, by third parties, of pictures or text posted by members.
See more
See less

Unusual little Rolex watch for sale.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual little Rolex watch for sale.

For 20 or more years I have owned a watch, but was always somewhat unsure of what it was. Whilst I fully appreciate that that is not a good way to begin a sales pitch at least I am being honest.

It is an OYSTER LINCOLN in a gold case with the standard blued hour and minute hands but the exceptionally rare RED sweeping second hand.

I bought this watch as it seemed like a good idea at the time. I had no idea what it was and it has languished in the bottom of my strap and bracelet box ever since.

I am now much older and have a bit more patience, as such I spent a few hours taking the back off it and doing what we all do if stumped, I googled.

It now appears that it is a Rolex from in or about the second World War, probably sold in Canada initially and more than likely used by a serviceman during this bloody conflict. I don't think it is a particularly rare watch and I cannot imagine it to be a highly desirable model either (I should be a salesman, I am so good at this.) But it is a working example of an early Rolex which with a bit of work could be a wonderful example of an old Rolex

Rather than witter on ad nauseum, I will stop there and hopefully the very poor quality pictures will speak a thousand words.

On a positive note, the watch still runs, albeit not very accurately as it has not seen a service dept for at least 20 years.

I am asking for offers circa £700, but I am reasonable enough to be advised otherwise.

Thanks

Rolexroz

Sorry, I am having great problems adding the all important photos, please have patience.

Comment

My apologies to one and all, I have tried and tried these past 24 hours but cannot post any photos.

Comment

I will have to admit defeat with the photos, however, should anyone be interested then please send me a PM and I will endeavour to send you some photos which will no doubt be the same size as the side of the average house. But at least you will be able to see the watch in all its glory.

Rolexroz

And if it helps I am open to trades of Rolex bracelets, thanks.

Comment

Does it look like this?

Comment

I'm guessing it's quite small?

Comment

29 or 30mm I guess.

Comment

Sorry for the slow reply and thanks for finding the photo and how to upload it to the site. YES that is it, but don't all rush it went to a friend ages ago.

Rolexroz

Comment

Working...
                X