Announcement

Collapse

*Please Read - Guidance to Members on Protecting Ownership of Pictures

To safeguard the authenticity of pictures posted in advertisements, members are advised to consider watermarking or in other ways identifying pictures as their own. They should also consider what details they divulge in their advertisement, eg do not display full serial numbers or identifying characteristics/details unique to the item.

The above is only a brief guidance and members should take safeguards as they deem necessary to prevent their advertisements being used by third parties.

TURF takes no responsibility and has no control over the use, by third parties, of pictures or text posted by members.
See more
See less

Rolex 16710 M series 2008 cal. 3186

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex 16710 M series 2008 cal. 3186

I have been a long time member here but lost interest in watches many years ago. Due to life and bad eyes. Hard to read any Rolex watch with the shiny sapphire and hands.
    Have 7 Rolex's which I will all sell. This is the first I will offer for sale. I am the first and only owner, bought new at a Rolex dealer in Florida. All paperwork including warranty card, bill of sale, retail replacement cost certificate and of course the box.
    Watch has been worn but not much. Beautiful condition.
    Watch is located in Belgium.
    More Hi Res pictures on request. Price : I do not want this watch to go to a flipper but I also do not want to price it too high. 12.000 euro looks to be a fair price in today's market.
    But open to suggestions as I have not followed Rolex and prices for years, I noticed they start from 14.000 euro on chrono24.
    Attached Files

not usually one for commenting on FS posts unless im buying..
    but not sure where the 14K Euro price on Chrono24 came from - perhaps for a mint with papers 1675 but not for a 16710 (as an owner of one similar to this - I wish!)
    Prices have been climbimg but i'd say anywhere between 5-6k GBP is there mark
    That said - GLWTS

Comment

Could it be possible you are talking about a 16710 without the 3186 caliber ?
      12300 euro is the lowest price I could find :
      http://www.chrono24.be/search/index....=1&watchTypes=

Comment

OP, given that you've asked for guidance, I'd have thought that current market price for a 16710 would start with a 5, and certainly wouldn't go beyond a 6. I suspect you need to research a little more, but I only offer this as an opinion, and on the basis that it was invited.

Comment

Thanks and appreciated, however you are talking about a 16710. I am selling a 16710 3186. When asking for guidance it was specifically for the last ones (Late Z and M).
          It goes without saying a normal 16710 does not command such a premium at all. There is a huge difference in value between a 16710 with 3185 and the last series with 3186.
          But I realize now this forum might not be the place to advertise such a specific watch.

Comment

I have a couple of explorer 2s with the same movement.not exactly a master piece,just my 2 pence.

Comment

price is a bit high given it doesn't have the "stick dial" - NOS 3186 / stick dials are selling for around the £12-13k mark

I would say this ones worth 10,000 euros max

Comment

I read this with some interest,My son bought a 2007 16710 this summer with the stick dial, I sort of hoped it had the 3186 movement but asked my AD to pop the back but it had a 3185 it isn't a issue but found it strange this one is,advertised with 3186 but doesn't even have a stick dial

Comment

The stick dial was used long before the last Z en M series were made. There have been 3 dials used for 16710, roman 2 , stick and rectangular. A stick dial does not give any indication regarding which movement is used.
                  The rectangular dials have, as far as I have seen so far, only been used in the latest '3186' series together with the stick dial. Do not know if there are normal roman dials out there for late Z and M series.

Although Oryx thinks the stick makes a difference in value on the last ones, the rectangular dial seems to be as coveted. But I agree that 12k might be too much.

Anyway, I offered all my watches to a watch shop and got a great 'package deal' offer. Gave it some thought and decided to accept his offer.
                  But still, decided to keep 2 from the 7 I own. Reality struck and when I realized I would be completely without a Rolex I got cold feet.

Comment

Which two were you tempted to keep?

Comment

Learn something every day .

Did you keep.the GMT ?

Comment

I am keeping this 16710 and a G series 116264. And have to say, feel good about it now. The moment I made this for sale post I started to doubt my decision. And once I got a solid decent offer the doubt only increased to a level I got stressed about it. Not a good sign.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Both your TOG and GMT , look in amazing condition, I wish you had shown us the other five Rolex pieces

Comment

Loving the tog one watch i wish i had bought years ago!

Comment

Me too, I bought this NOS from Zegg & Cerlati in Monaco Summer 2015 whilst on a cruise. It's a great combination of a dress and professional look.

Comment

Working...
                              X