March is around the corner!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March is around the corner!

The time has nearly arrived. Do you have any wishes/demands/requests or grails for Baselword?

I long awaited a 42mm ceramic Daytona and as I got half my wish last year I'm guessing the other half won't be on the cards, so for the first time in years there isn't anything that I would actually want believe it or not (caveat: that may well change if they deliver something stunning).

Here's a few tips (last year they called the Daytona correctly, pictures as well):

http://rolexpassionreport.com/20205/...selworld-2017/

Delete the DSSD and give it an orderly burial (and reduce the price of the SD4K).

This is not a prediction but if there is anyone reading from Rolex design department, please bring back the triple calendar moonphase. No doubt, if they did, they would firstly introduce the model in the most expensive options: YG, WG, RG, platinum etc. However, let's not forget the good old SS - I bet they would sell a bucket load of these (black or white dial).

Comment

And in addition, please reintroduce the Rolex Regulateur - but this time put it in an Oyster case in stainless. And make more than a dozen pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Vivalas View Post
        Here's a few tips (last year they called the Daytona correctly, pictures as well):

Interesting wishlist on RPR.

Comment

Agree. If there is a red SS SD4K, that would be something I would jump on the waiting list for!

Comment

There is a whole lot on the RPR that I can imagine could be fantastic in the flesh if they were to materialise
            I am looking forward to seeing the new Tag Heuer autavia, I have a shop in Bordeaux contacting me when it is in stock-June apparently, so we shall see but I think I shall wait for 2018's offerings on this watch.

Comment

Opinions please?

Comment

TT ceramic Daytona is quite possible. Can't see a coke SS GMT. Great images though

Comment

I do not have much time just now to comment fully, but I do like the way they are thinking.......

I am still annoyed that they have included Tag Heuer in their initial list of quality watch makers, but we are all different.

I too think that it is probably time to give us a new GMT in steel, hopefully a Pepsi. Similarly, I reckon that the DSSD is about to die as so few are finding buyers that even Rolex must realise they have made a horrible watch with dimensions which simply do not work.

More than that I cannot say at present. But beautiful photos anyway.

Rolexroz

Comment

Unleashing a black bezel insert Exp 2 would be IMHO a disaster. For me, it has no aesthetic appeal.

I agree with the Pepsi ceramic GMT as a potential offering - not too much of an innovation though, if they have cracked that particular 2-tone ceramic production.

If we were getting a bit radical, perhaps they may reintroduce a GMT and or Sub which has a case/lug profile similar to the pre-ceramic model. As they sort of did with the SD4K. This would give buyers an option to go for the classical look (with the ceramic add-ons/improved movement) or the beefier, bulkier look that they currently have.

Or they could reintroduce a triple calendar, or a regulator. As I posted in a different thread.

Comment

Err.... What's for sale?

Comment

True. I thought the mods would have switched this to the watch discussion board by now................

Comment

I noticed this a few weeks back, If it is correct the red writing SD4k is something I will have to buy to add to my little red collection. The Coke GMT if it is available in SS is also on the radar

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                            True. I thought the mods would have switched this to the watch discussion board by now................
                            Mod schmod - they're all asleep! They tend to be like buses, none for ages, then they all turn up at once!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                              Even better, I've merged this Thread with the same one that Vivalas started as they both refer to the same link.

Comment

Working...
                              X