No announcement yet.

Tag Heuer sold 56,000 smart watches...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tag Heuer sold 56,000 smart watches...

I'm amazed they sold that many. Anyone here tempted by a £1,200 watch that, I'm assuming, will one day become a brick once TAG drop software support? I consider myself a geek but I can't see the point of a smart watch that costs more than, say, £500. https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/20/...n-it-expected/

I fail to see the point of having a smart phone, much less a smart watch. I have a Western Electric black bakelite wall phone hanging on my kitchen wall as the good Lord intended it to be. I almost upgraded the cotton wrapped straight cord to a coiled one but thought better of it.

​All seriousness aside, holding dearly to the minority view, I will be the last bastion of senility and never own a "mobile phone" or any other wireless accoutrement, whatever that means. I DO have a television in case you wondered. When the CRT burns out I suppose I'll have to get a flat screen that displays in color.

Comment

Surprising by how it looks

Comment

Originally posted by dodfaefife View Post
        I'm amazed they sold that many. Anyone here tempted by a £1,200 watch that, I'm assuming, will one day become a brick once TAG drop software support? I consider myself a geek but I can't see the point of a smart watch that costs more than, say, £500. https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/20/...n-it-expected/
        Concur entirely.

Originally posted by John View Post
        Surprising by how it looks
        Likewise!

Comment

Not tempted at all, the only smart watch that got my attention was the Ill fated Hyetis but thankfully didn't part with any cash on that one.
          Having spent the last week without a phone at all I can safely say I do not need a smart watch nor can I see it happening anytime soon.
          Doesn't surprise me that they have sold that many though, I have a mate who taps away on his smart watch, looks like some weird sci-fi wanna be.

Comment

Working...
          X