Finally,after three years - a seadweller Sdc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally,after three years - a seadweller Sdc

I have been wanting one of these since they were released in 2014 and finally yesterday I got my hands on one.
    I have been getting sidetracked, mostly with Heuers and whilst I have a couple newer watches all my Rolex and Heuers are vintage which is great except I always have to be a little more careful.
    The seadweller 116600 to me is just about perfect.I much prefer the case shape and also the heftyness of it.it certainly does not feel overbearing on the wrist.
    It is my first Rolex with the glidelock which is brilliant and perfect for me in the summer months.
    It's just what I wanted to have to use and enjoy on an almost daily basis. i have had my Panerai for getting on for ten years and now has allsorts of marks and scratches on it and I fully expect the seadweller to follow the same route-a keeper and a user.
    That's me done for a while on watches I am sure.In the meantime I can research up on Omega Ploprofs. I now have THE book needed to help me

And of course,the obligatory wrist shot

Sweet! Looks far better proportioned than the DeepSea debacle!

Comment

Tres bien and not before time, you can take this one in the pool as well.

Comment

I tried a Deepsea a few years ago and found it a monster. Love the engineering side of it but to be worn regularly I do not think I get on with it.

Yup Bob, something for the pool. I'll only ever need the first 2 meters of the depth rating but the rest is just in case I get the call up from James Cameron

Comment

It's a nice piece for sure. I'd get one but I rely on the 16600. I agree the DSSD is novel but quite impractical.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
            It's a nice piece for sure. I'd get one but I rely on the 16600. I agree the DSSD is novel but quite impractical.
            I also have a 1665 so a nice mixture of old and now new. The 16600 I have been close on before but glad I held out and they released this version. the matt dial 16660 is also a big winner in my book and a nice mixture of old and new

Comment

Both DSSD and Sea Dweller 4000 Ceramic are fine watches. I like them both very much but prefer the DSSD as I prefer larger watches as my wrist size is c8 inches and oval shaped. Both watches are under rated in my view. I really like the way the sapphire crystal on the SD 4000 rises above the bezel - superb watch: if it had a 42mm+ case I would buy one too. With so many submariners out there, it is extra special to own either the SD or DSSD in my humble opinion. Enjoy cakey and wear in good health.

Comment

congrats, bought one in 2015 but had to take the fliplock links out completely to get it to fit properly. the clasp is a swirl magnet compared to the older model.

Comment

Nice - at least now you have something to wear once the swimming pool is finished!

Comment

Pretty much the perfect modern classic.
                    Wear it in great health, mate!

Comment

Originally posted by RolexParaMi View Post
                      Both DSSD and Sea Dweller 4000 Ceramic are fine watches. I like them both very much but prefer the DSSD as I prefer larger watches as my wrist size is c8 inches and oval shaped. Both watches are under rated in my view. I really like the way the sapphire crystal on the SD 4000 rises above the bezel - superb watch: if it had a 42mm+ case I would buy one too. With so many submariners out there, it is extra special to own either the SD or DSSD in my humble opinion. Enjoy cakey and wear in good health.
                      I have fairly big wrists so find also it fits fine. I can imagine both sorts of seadwellers can seem too big and heavy for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by RalphS View Post
                        congrats, bought one in 2015 but had to take the fliplock links out completely to get it to fit properly. the clasp is a swirl magnet compared to the older model.

Thanks, I have left the fliplock in but removed one link and it sits fine.I can imagine that it will be quite prone to swirls but its not going to be a safe queen so it's to be expected

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                          Nice - at least now you have something to wear once the swimming pool is finished!

I wasn't exactly struggling for something to wear but its a good excuse
                          Pool is pretty much done now thank god I have probably three weeks of work left on the surroundings- finish slabbing. put the kitchen in poolhouse, paint it all, fascia,soffit and guttering and then landscaping.
                          Will be so pleased to get back onto the house and smaller jobs!

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
                            Pretty much the perfect modern classic.
                            Wear it in great health, mate!

Cheers Harb, it's pretty much my thoughts.It may never be the most popular choice but it ticks all the boxes for me

Comment

marvellous choice! Enjoy your new watch!

Comment

Working...
                              X