Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

This must cost a lot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This must cost a lot.

This is the level that we very rarely see

https://youtu.be/iRlU_voo7J8

I wonder how many of them will be around in 300 years and who will be able to afford the services during those 3 centuries. I wonder how many "lesser" perpetuals sold now will be around for the watchmakers to adjust on 1 March 2100.

Comment

I think it's more a case of "because we can"

You'd need to adjust it when it stops- which it will.

It's more a marvel of micro engineering which I tend to appreciate more in this day of disposable tablets and smartphones.

Comment

truly a marvel of engineering... but how many people even wear a perpetual every day to get the benefit every 4 years?

Comment

I derive inestimable pleasure and immeasurable pride from not owning either a tablet or smartphone. Unfortunately I had to give up the bakelite dial phone since those new-fangled automated systems require touch tone signals.

Comment

Working...
          X