Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

Ok, so call me a Red Leftie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so call me a Red Leftie

As you may have gathered, Tudor has been quite progressive in the last decade in rescuing a brand that had arguably lost its way slightly and allowing some real development in their product line. The reintroduction of the 70s Monte Carlo chrono was an inspired choice. Originals of this are highly sought after and this initial choice was followed by several more "heritage" models, notably the Black Bay, Ranger and Advisor. Even within these ranges, Tudor gave watch aficionados a choice of models. Witness the Black Bay range, which now includes stainless, PVD and bronze as part of the options, with case sizes of 36, 41 and 43mm!

In addition, new models were put onto the market. In the sports watches, the in vogue items of titanium and in house movements were not forgotten, with the introduction of the 2 line Pelagos (for the former) and the multi-line Pelagos (which includes both).

As I have previously posted, I acquired a 2 line Pelagos and I think this is the best Seadweller that Rolex never made. A real tool watch. Tough enough for real diving work but still wearable with a suit. And then they had to introduce another variant of the Pelagos. This time they touched the nerve of vintage collectors by putting a splash of red on the dial, turning the lume a vintage creamy colour, adding a quasi-military issue engraving on the case back and finally engineering the crown to be on the left hand side of the beast!

As soon as I saw it I knew it would only be a matter of time before one was on my wrist. I actually bought this in January and have worn it for a couple of stretches. The 42mm diameter wears likes 42mm. The bold lume on the dial and bezel insert mean this is no shrinking violet in the looks stakes. But anyone who wears a Rolex sports watch to work can easily wear the Left Hand Drive Pelagos. Accuracy wise, it loses less than a second a day. Excellent timekeeping and better than the 2 line ETA Pelagos I have. I hav never worn a leftie watch before but in reality there is no difference. The crown disappears under the cuff and you never feel that slight irritation you can sometimes get on the back of your hand. I have not even entertained putting this beauty on my right wrist.

I wonder what the Baselworld week will bring in the development of the Tudor range. Speculation includes a GMT Pelagos, or a PVD version. Let's wait and see - at this rate my Tudor collection will be overtaking my Rolex one. Unless Rolex take their finger out and come up with something stunningly new! In the meantime the LHD is getting more wrist time.....

For some bizarre reason, my paragraph breaks don't seem to be registering and I can't upload pics from my phone so will have to make those changes this evening.......

Comment

Yes, I am impressed with the Tudor line, now available in the US. I have the bronze, blue Pelagos and North Flag with bracelet and strap. I find the ceramic calling me.....

Comment

The BB Bronze may well be on the horizon but I am equally taken with the Black Bay Dark.....

I did get the Tudor Advisor as well but it was an impulse buy and they only had a white dial, it is currently on the Sales board as I want to get rid of it and may go for the black dial on steel bracelet rather than the leather.

I also have another Tudor I will report on separately........

I am impressed though by the Pelagos line and hope Tudor bring out some more variants in a month's time.

Comment

So unfortunately I can't get in to edit the original post and I still can't get pics to upload, even from my PC! Will keep on trying.

Comment

Oi, you, Red Leftie!

Comment

I am rather considering the Fast Rider Black Shield for the ceramic case. The BB DDark is a PVD black case which I understand is not ceramic and will expose bright SS metal if dinged. With the FR I get a chrono which I really don't need, and the 7753 movement rather than the in house. I DO like the black bracelet on the BB though. So, thusly conflicted, I buy neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                I am rather considering the Fast Rider Black Shield for the ceramic case. The BB DDark is a PVD black case which I understand is not ceramic and will expose bright SS metal if dinged. With the FR I get a chrono which I really don't need, and the 7753 movement rather than the in house. I DO like the black bracelet on the BB though. So, thusly conflicted, I buy neither.
                If in doubt, do nowt!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                  Oi, you, Red Leftie!
                  For a pedagogue mate you are so literal! 😳

Comment

Or is that a pederast? My Ancient Greek is a bit ropey!😎

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                      Or is that a pederast? My Ancient Greek is a bit ropey!😎
                      Er... the answer to that would most definitely be no!

Comment

Pics? " Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file"

Mods - can you get on this?

Comment

Have you broken the system!? Tut, tut!

Comment

I've fixed your paras, Michael.
                            Sorry, but I don't know what's up with the pictures. Please email me your pics and I'll attach them.

Comment

Final photo upload attempt failed..............

Harb, stand by!

Comment

Working...
                              X