No announcement yet.

Ok, so call me a Red Leftie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it looks superb, although personally I'd prefer it not to be a destro. In any event, looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Comment

Hmm...I'm also having trouble attaching the pics Michael sent me.
      I've emailed the site owner to inform him of the problem.

Comment

Sau Loon has fixed the issue so let's try again...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	254193
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	254194

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post

As I have previously posted, I acquired a 2 line Pelagos and I think this is the best Seadweller that Rolex never made. A real tool watch. Tough enough for real diving work but still wearable with a suit. And then they had to introduce another variant of the Pelagos. This time they touched the nerve of vintage collectors by putting a splash of red on the dial, turning the lume a vintage creamy colour, adding a quasi-military issue engraving on the case back and finally engineering the crown to be on the left hand side of the beast!

As soon as I saw it I knew it would only be a matter of time before one was on my wrist. I actually bought this in January and have worn it for a couple of stretches. The 42mm diameter wears likes 42mm. The bold lume on the dial and bezel insert mean this is no shrinking violet in the looks stakes. But anyone who wears a Rolex sports watch to work can easily wear the Left Hand Drive Pelagos. Accuracy wise, it loses less than a second a day. Excellent timekeeping and better than the 2 line ETA Pelagos I have. I hav never worn a leftie watch before but in reality there is no difference. The crown disappears under the cuff and you never feel that slight irritation you can sometimes get on the back of your hand. I have not even entertained putting this beauty on my right wrist.
          Looks good, Michael!

Comment

And let's not forget the other vintage facet I omitted to mention: the roulette date wheel which I tried to bring out in the photos above - note the 20 in red and the 21 in black. A lovely touch.

Comment

Working...
            X