RED SEADWELLER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RED SEADWELLER

So among other things, Rolex have announced a SEADWELLER 4000 with a new 43mm case and a cyclops But the sexy bit is, wait for it, Red "seadweller logo."

I realise that folk like us get very excited about such things, but they could have tried harder.

Rolexroz
    Last edited by Rolexroz; 22nd March 2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

The size and the cyclops kill it for me. Shame, but I'll have to get another SD4000 now.

Comment

Happy that the SD4000 launched three years ago has been discontinued as I have one!

Comment

I don't think they have ever discontinued a watch in such a short space of time before. Not sure how long the 50th Anniversary Submariner was around?

Comment

i predict they'll sell even fewer of those than the SD4000... a cyclops on an SD... just so wrong

Comment

Of course, Rolex being Rolex, who knows how long the production of the RED will last and it may then revert to being a white writing SD4000 43mm.

But as others have mentioned already it does mean that the current SD has had a very limited production run indeed. Yet up until now it has been the previous SD, manufactured up until about 10 years ago which has been the one to get.

Funny old business.

Rolexroz

So are we ever going to see a New Pepsi Steel GMT?

Comment

The way forward is Vintage, just another example of Rolex losing their way.

Comment

Whilst I would wholeheartedly agree with your comments about vintage, I am not sure that they are losing their way.

We are in the wonderful position of being able to look back and pick the watches we have loved over the past X number of years. But just imagine you have just discovered Rolex, what a choice you have, greater than ever before and catering to such a wide range of tastes, albeit at a hefty price.

So I think the problem for some of us is that we are getting old and not that Rolex are losing their way.

Comment

I will pass on the new SD because of the case size and the cyclops. Time to look for an SD4K!

Comment

Its odd they celebrate the 50TH anniversary of the SD but then change it by adding a Cyclops ! Like the watch , cant wait to see it but the Cyclops... Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolexroz View Post
                        Whilst I would wholeheartedly agree with your comments about vintage, I am not sure that they are losing their way.

We are in the wonderful position of being able to look back and pick the watches we have loved over the past X number of years. But just imagine you have just discovered Rolex, what a choice you have, greater than ever before and catering to such a wide range of tastes, albeit at a hefty price.

So I think the problem for some of us is that we are getting old and not that Rolex are losing their way.
                        Good point well made and I would probably class myself as an old git who is occasionally attracted to shiny baubles but the way they have messed around with the Seadweller is beyond belief, for a modern watch they had a world beater with the 16600 and after 3 attempts to improve it we now end up with a cyclops on a Seadweller, if that isn't blasphemy I don't know what is.!

Comment

Well I like the size,and the Cyclops, a blue dial would have put the icing on the cake. I love it.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what the SD4000 market is like in a year or two.....

Comment

Must say - in the photo above, it looks better than I feared?

Comment

Working...
                              X