Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

New Steel & White Gold Sky Dweller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Steel & White Gold Sky Dweller

This is the most interesting release for me.
    I have always hankered after a rose gold version, but had worried about the robustness of the case for everyday wear.
    This new release solves all those issues as well as a new offering of a lovely blue dial.
    Only a few small pics on the rolex site thus far, but cant wait to see more.
    Opinions?

Good looking watch , I guess the Wg version sales will fall as this model is picked up.

Comment

They are now only one step away from the sensible all stainless solution!

Comment

Ive got my name down on the top of the list 'apparently', for a black dialled version at the local AD. Not sure if there will be a preview evening or how fast Rolex will get this out.
        What is the usual time scale for new releases to hit market?
        Attached Files

Comment

The white dial version also looks very nice - for me I would be happy with either the white or the black

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
            They are now only one step away from the sensible all stainless solution!
            I think this is it - it's all steel except for the white gold fluted bezel & at £10,600, a "bargain" compared to £35k for a WG model

Comment

Me too, really like the black dial and for £10k feels a lot more palatable. Think I could be tempted by this

Comment

Trying to think what watch I would like out of Baselworld and I think it would be the blue skydweller myself, though I quite like the Autavia too.

Comment

Originally posted by xelor View Post

I think this is it - it's all steel except for the white gold fluted bezel & at £10,600, a "bargain" compared to £35k for a WG model

If you look at the Datejusts, Rolex have had the all-steel versions, plus the everything steel but the bezel in white gold version. The new SkyDweller is still in the latter category.

Get rid of the remaining bits of WG and the price would probably drop to £8,250 or so. Then it is a more attractive proposition.

At the moment, the £10,600 is for something indistinguishable from SS. The YG/SS version is 2k more expensive because it has the extra YG in the bracelet links. If you are going to have a contrast, may as well make it fairly obvious.

Comment

I understand what you are saying re the white gold bezel, but unless I'm mistaken, only the smooth bezel comes in steel - the fluted bezel is always gold. I also think the design function of the bezel requires some type of grip which you probably won't get from a smooth bezel. Also, given this is £25k cheaper than an all white gold model, I suspect this is going to be the cheapest price point for the Sky Dweller.

Comment

Originally posted by xelor View Post
                      ...unless I'm mistaken, only the smooth bezel comes in steel - the fluted bezel is always gold.
                      You're right and always has been.

Comment

This was the other watch that caught my eye. The dials are beautiful and 42mm case featuring the most complex movement Rolex makes...

Comment

Maybe Rolex will force one on the AD and I can get it cheap since no one else will want it. I'll just treat the alleged moonphase as a decoration.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                            Maybe Rolex will force one on the AD and I can get it cheap since no one else will want it. I'll just treat the alleged moonphase as a decoration.
                            Pssst....Bob...that's the other thread...

Comment

And just to give you a look at one in the metal. Start with the white dial SS/WG.........

Comment

Working...
                              X