Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

How do you send your watch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you send your watch?

I'm wanting to send my watch off to be serviced but have yet to find a delivery service that has adequate insurance. The highest I've found is RM Special Delivery and that's only to £2500 which is no good if you have a £4-5K watch to send. I know this subject has been bashed about a lot but I have yet to find a satisfactory answer to this.
    So what does everyone here do when they want to send off their watch for servicing etc. ? Do they just chance it and use RM Special Delivery?

If it's a Rolex just send it via an AD as they insure it and the service cost is virtually the same.

Comment

Thank you Gazoak. It is a Rolex but I'm trying to avoid using Rolex for personal reasons. Also their servicing cost are much more than a Rolex Accredited independent.

Comment

I appreciate the insurance issue but no-one, as far as I know, has ever had a problem with RMSD.

Comment

Im coming round to finding out that RMSD is the only way unless you have an account with a company like ParcelPro. Heard a couple of reports of RMSD packages going missing so its made me nervous on using them with high value items.

Comment

i have used RMSD about 20+ times. no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by MJJW1981 View Post
              i have used RMSD about 20+ times. no problems.

Yes, I have sent dozens of Rolllies via RMSD and never had a problem.

Comment

Working...
              X