Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

9315 bracelets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9315 bracelets

So having just bought New 1665 , I find I can't wear it, One Bracelet is a link short the other has dodgy flip lock. My thought process is get a link added to the original PP Clasp Bracelet , And get the spares flip lock pin replaced. order a new 93150 /580s for daily wear leaving the original in the box

Another problem is the lume plots are to dark for my taste, I have read UV light will lighten the plots can anyone advise or tell me some horror story as to why I shouldn't even attempt UV

Thx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scooba; 2nd April 2017, 07:30 AM.

Lume is beautiful as it is. I wouldn't mess with it at all. Patina develops over time.

Good luck on the bracelets. I would get a new (or used) one for daily wear and keep the original flawed version for resale.

Comment

I have the original 9315 for my red sub and it lives in the box, too uncomfortable for daily wear, much prefer the 93150. If you go down that route I would double check the end link requirement, on my 1665 they are 585 which I understand are the correct ones although 580's will fit.
      I have heard the story's about sunlight lightening the plots but never seen it in practise, on the other hand I have had watches in the dark for years and their plots haven't gone darker which apparently is what is supposed to happen.

Comment

It looks gorgeous as it is - I wouldn't personally attempt to adjust the lume with UV. As Bobdog said - get yourself a nice 93150 bracelet which is a lot more comfortable for daily wear.

That's an amazing watch you have - congrats again

Comment

The PP Bracelet is perfect but I would like one more link to make the fit ok for my Gorilla wrists,

You are correct Bob about 1665s needing to have a 585 end link to close the gap of the heavier case , But this little beauty is the thin case , Really a Sub 1680 case with a HEV, so the advice was a 580 sub style end link. I have several 93150s around but thought id like to keep this OEM

Comment

Ive never, ever heard of lightening lume with UV, and suspect it's nothing more than an urban myth. The trick, Paul, is to buy a watch with lume that you're happy with... FWIW, this looks superb.

Comment

Originally posted by scooba View Post
              The PP Bracelet is perfect but I would like one more link to make the fit ok for my Gorilla wrists,

You are correct Bob about 1665s needing to have a 585 end link to close the gap of the heavier case , But this little beauty is the thin case , Really a Sub 1680 case with a HEV, so the advice was a 580 sub style end link. I have several 93150s around but thought id like to keep this OEM
              Aah gotcha! Regarding the lume I would put the question to the Rolex Forum as I have seen it discussed over there with members adamant sunlight exposure lightens the plots. If you get stuck looking for a 9315 link you are welcome to one out of my bracelet but it would need to be swapped over by someone like Seth as they are not screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
                Ive never, ever heard of lightening lume with UV, and suspect it's nothing more than an urban myth. The trick, Paul, is to buy a watch with lume that you're happy with... FWIW, this looks superb.
                Hi Tony,

I think it looked ok in the pics when it was in Idaho, but now they seam more Pumpkin colour the dial seams more brown as well.I have been looking for more than 2 years and the price keeps rising,So when this Patent Pending with no chips on the five minute markers markers I decided to grab it. It is a very special watch I just need to find some love for it.

Comment

Hi Tony,

I think it looked ok in the pics when it was in Idaho, but now they seam more Pumpkin colour the dial seams more brown as well.I have been looking for more than 2 years and the price keeps rising,So when this Patent Pending with no chips on the five minute markers markers I decided to grab it. It is a very special watch I just need to find some love for it.
                  Well, I'm happy to give it some loving for you - pop it in the post, mate, and leave it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
                    Well, I'm happy to give it some loving for you - pop it in the post, mate, and leave it to me.
                    You can have a wear off it if you like, I nearly asked if you would collect It from NYC ,I thought it was a bit cheeky so sent two off my boys last week they met AS and brought her home. If I,can't find some Love for it I will let some one else have it.I am told the price I paid will allow me to sell it pain free .Fingers crossed

Comment

You can have a wear off it if you like, I nearly asked if you would collect It from NYC ,I thought it was a bit cheeky so sent two off my boys last week they met AS and brought her home. If I,can't find some Love for it I will let some one else have it.I am told the price I paid will allow me to sell it pain free .Fingers crossed
                      It would have been a pleasure, Paul - I'd always help out with anything like that if I can. Still, a nice trip for your lads!

Comment

They had a lovely time, it is the third time they have been and now know there way round.This time they went to the Bronx,Harlem,China Town,Walked Central Park, Caught a bus to Washington to Donald Trumps new place.They are going back in August to do a road trip down the Pacific coast . Lovely People and Lovely Place you are lucky to have Family in. NYC.

Comment

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Having received advice from the guy at the old watch shop who has the next watch in the serial number "neighbours" , His dial is a very similar colour and said under no circumstances try to force the dial to change colour, The plots will lighten with exposure to light and use . So I have put it on a 93150 /580s, Put the old PP bracelet away, this is going to be my daily for the summer and hope the plots lighten up or I get used to the colour.

Comment

Working...
                              X