Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lange1 vs Calatrava - which do you prefer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lange1 vs Calatrava - which do you prefer?

hi all,

i'm tempted to trade my PP Annual Calendar for one of these plus cash... swaying towards the Calatrava but what do you all think?

ta. Click image for larger version

Name:	lange vs patek.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	254964

I've always been intrigued by Lange, but that's just me...

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
      I've always been intrigued by Lange, but that's just me...

me too, it's not swiss! but i really like the hobnail bezel on the calatrava

Comment

I tried the calatrava on for the first time recently, never thought it would be my cup of tea but I loved it on the wrist.

Never tried the Lange, not PP though, as someone who has owned neither brand I lust after PP more.

Comment

Lange in a heartbeat.

In a choice between these two, I prefer the Lange case, hands, larger second dial, Arabics and minute dial - regardless of the manufacturer of the competition.

Comment

Of the two, Lange for the overall aesthetics - even the padded strap looks better. But there's no denying the PP name. Why not just keep the annual calendar, to my mind that would top trump either of the two above.

Comment

Originally posted by xelor View Post
              Of the two, Lange for the overall aesthetics - even the padded strap looks better. But there's no denying the PP name. Why not just keep the annual calendar, to my mind that would top trump either of the two above.
              My thoughts, too.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PP annual calendar emp100307.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	254995

thanks all. i'm looking for something i'll wear more than the annual calendar (above) and with limited finger dexterity i have to get someone else to set it up every time i want to wear it. i'm so rubbish at selling stuff. probably got half the value of a pre owned watch in a pile of hifi to sell on ebay... might spur me on to get rid of that... hmmmmm

Comment

The Patek, without a doubt.
                  The hobnail bezel is truly iconic.

That particular Lange just looks too heavy-handed in its design.

Comment

The Patek, if im chosing i'd look for another dial color.

Comment

pretty much 50/50 split. and i've realised it's an '1815' and not a 'lange 1'. need to try them on to make a decision which is tricky in Devon

Comment

Working...
                      X