Patek problems...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patek problems...

Picked up my 5196J this morning, wound it up, strapped it on and thought no more of it...
    ...until I looked at my watch at around 10am and it still read just past 8am and the sub second hand wasn't moving.

The watch was purchased in 2006 and hasn't been serviced. It's kept great time, is worn in rotation and hasn't received any knocks that I'm aware of.

So...will drop it off with my AD soon and will keep you all updated as to costs, timeframes etc.

Sounds expensive . I really fancy a 5270 but have avoided buying one as it,would seam they are quite fragile

Comment

Shock, horror! Patek stops!

Hope it is not too extensive a rebuild.......

Comment

That sucks but it'll be back like new soon.

Looking forward to the updates. Hopefully it doesn't sting too much.

Comment

I was familiarizing myself with that model so I googled it.

Saw a photo of a wrist shot with some guy with a pinstriped suit. I remember you having the same suit and the hairy arms on this guy made me think... could this be Harb?

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=52...fSpvSKGN17IkM:

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            I was familiarizing myself with that model so I googled it.

Saw a photo of a wrist shot with some guy with a pinstriped suit. I remember you having the same suit and the hairy arms on this guy made me think... could this be Harb?

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=52...fSpvSKGN17IkM:
            LOL! Yup, that's me!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the watch. i always thought Pateks were more hardy. Dapper suit by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by grumpycamel View Post
                Sorry to hear about the watch. i always thought Pateks were more hardy. Dapper suit by the way!
                Thanks!

I've been thinking about this and I now think that I remember the watch did get a bump recently. It was protected by my shirt and suit cuffs but I now do recall looking at it and checking it over.
                I suspect that may have been the culprit

Comment

Lovely looking watch , hope not too much wrong👍🏻

Comment

Any updates Harb?

I recently acquired a pre-owned Aquanaut 5167A-001. After a few days of wear, I noticed the date wheel was sticking. This is a known issue with the 324 SC movements and is caused by lack of oil in the movement. Luckily the seller has a connection at an AD who in turn, has a connection at the Henry Stern Watch Agency (HSWA) in NYC, so my warranty repair is being handled with extra care. HSWA will perform a complete overhaul which includes cleaning, oiling and re-regulating the timepiece. Warranty repairs take priority and the process is roughly 4-6 weeks. Estimated completion time is mid to end of June.

Comment

Originally posted by walds11 View Post
                      Any updates Harb?

I recently acquired a pre-owned Aquanaut 5167A-001. After a few days of wear, I noticed the date wheel was sticking. This is a known issue with the 324 SC movements and is caused by lack of oil in the movement. Luckily the seller has a connection at an AD who in turn, has a connection at the Henry Stern Watch Agency (HSWA) in NYC, so my warranty repair is being handled with extra care. HSWA will perform a complete overhaul which includes cleaning, oiling and re-regulating the timepiece. Warranty repairs take priority and the process is roughly 4-6 weeks. Estimated completion time is mid to end of June.
                      I haven't had a chance to get to the AD yet

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
                        I haven't had a chance to get to the AD yet
                        Send 'er in!

Good news on my Aquanaut...got an email from HWSA that my watch is currently in Quality Control and expected completion this week.

As much I love the Aquanaut, I'm lusting for the Nautilus 5711/1A-010 (blue dial). They are near impossible to obtain unless you want to pay out the nose in the grey market. I found an AD that will accept a deposit, with expedited delivery towards the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by walds11 View Post
                          Send 'er in!
                          And I finally have done. Well, my wife dropped it off for me...

£690 for service + polish (the option I chose), or £580 for service alone.
                          Turnaround time 12 to 16 weeks.

Gotta pay to play

And good news on the Aquanaut repair, Adam. Bet you can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

And I finally have done. Well, my wife dropped it off for me...

£690 for service + polish (the option I chose), or £580 for service alone.
                            Turnaround time 12 to 16 weeks.

Gotta pay to play

And good news on the Aquanaut repair, Adam. Bet you can't wait!
                            Sounds great Harb! The regular servicing time doesn't seem as long as here in the US, which is good.

I can't wait to get my Aquanaut back. I only had it a few weeks before sending it in for warranty service. It's my first Patek and there's nothing like it. TBH, I really can't wait to get the call for the Nautilus 5711 blue!!!

Comment

I received my Aquanaut early last week. About 5 weeks door to door for the warranty work

They also threw in a nice leather one-watch travel case.

Comment

Working...
                              X