Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Newman's Daytona for sale

http://www.esquire.co.uk/style/watch...rolex-daytona/

Right. So I think that this piece is going to go for more than USD 7 million. It beats the Vietnamese Emperor's into the long grass in terms of who owned it and (certainly in my book) desirability of the specific model. So all we have to do is organise a TURF lottery, raise say USD 10,000,000 in ticket sales (just to give ourselves a safety net) and one lucky TURFer can be the proud owner!

Anyone in for a ticket at say USD 100,000 each?

Comment

They will sell nicely.

Comment

Holds no fascination for me, and I honestly don't fathom why someone would want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
          Holds no fascination for me, and I honestly don't fathom why someone would want it.
          This is "the" Paul Newman Daytona, nuff said 😎

Comment

Sort of see your point. If I had it I'd sell it.... Obviously
            But of all the watches worn by all the celebs, this has to be the one to appreciate

I doubt any of Arnie's royal oaks or Sly's panerai would ever compete... I think, maybe Einstein's patek would still come second to the Newman Daytona

Comment

$10million is what I'm guessing. If I had money to burn that's a Rolex collector's dream.

Comment

Hmmm... I susoect you can fathom why someone would want it, and indeed why it might create a fair old furore. I accept that it doesn't hold any interest for you, though

Comment

Guess I'm just not a high-roller, hard-core collector. I can see the appeal of vintage, as in autos, watches, and firearms. I own several classic vintage Smiths, (28-2, 29-2, 14-3) but the provenance is not important to me. But OK I understand that to many it is.

Comment

Guess I'm just not a high-roller, hard-core collector. I can see the appeal of vintage, as in autos, watches, and firearms. I own several classic vintage Smiths, (28-2, 29-2, 14-3) but the provenance is not important to me. But OK I understand that to many it is.

Remember the Elmer Keith commemorative 29-3s that Smith put out a few years ago? Close to stock, just with some nice engraving and etching on plus a nice small grip? So imagine what a stock 29-2 would go for if you could trace the provenance back to it actually being owned by Elmer himself.

That's what we're talking about here in Rolex terms.

And here's the actual Model 29 presented to Elmer by Smith and Wesson. Imagine what this puppy would go for if it came up for sale!
                    Last edited by bfltd0; 5th June 2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I agree in terms of the value to some people, just not to me. JFC, the anti-rodent clique is almost as bad here as it is on the "Rolex Forum."

OK I give up, I'm just an ignorant loser.

Bye.
                      Last edited by Rodentman; 5th June 2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Not intended as anti-rodent! Just pointing out that the majority of the auction houses and resale outlets will play heavily on provenance to bump up prices. And the majority of punters will fall for it.

I tend to use a moderated 10/22 for genuine anti-rodent activities.............

Comment

Working...
                        X