No announcement yet.

Some incomings :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've been very busy ! must say I do like the Sd on rubber , must dig my strap out and see if fits the new one

Comment

Well done Tony , Some lovely pieces, I like the Zenith Triple Date with the Moon phase that looks uber cool

Comment

• learningtofly
      learningtofly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Paul. It's a beauty, and very understated.

Yeah, the VC has always been one of the contenders for the top chrono title and in my view it is only the pure mystique over the Daytona has led to people preferring that over the VC

The Dornluth is a masterpiece of simplicity and style.

Comment

• learningtofly
      learningtofly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Michael. That said, we shouldn't understate the quality of the Daytona, which houses one of the best chronograph movements ever made in most pundit's opinions.

Beautiful Tony, all of them. As I've said before you could begin a consultancy business on watch purchasing for clients. Vacheron is stunning, I love the dual time versions but would have to sell my Breguet to fund a purchase and I'm not ready to do that just yet.
    Congrats on the new additions and I very much look forward to a full SOTC when you have a spare week to photograph them all and put it together.

Kind regards
    Jon

Comment

• learningtofly
      learningtofly commented
      Editing a comment
      That's really kind of you, Jon - thank you. Actually, if I could fund a reasonable lifestyle through photography and watch consultancy/buying and selling I'd be a happy man indeed.

There's a thought...

"Thanks Michael. That said, we shouldn't understate the quality of the Daytona, which houses one of the best chronograph movements ever made in most pundit's opinions."

I agree it has a good movement but it has (and always has had) a major omission - a date. This makes the VC just a little more attractive, especially with that lovely bezel design..........

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
      "Thanks Michael. That said, we shouldn't understate the quality of the Daytona, which houses one of the best chronograph movements ever made in most pundit's opinions."

I agree it has a good movement but it has (and always has had) a major omission - a date. This makes the VC just a little more attractive, especially with that lovely bezel design..........
      I've never felt that the Daytona needed a date, to be honest - in fact, there was a time when nearly half of my watches were dateless and it didn't bother me at all.

The VC bezel is interesting, because a few years ago it would have stopped my from buying one. In the metal it's really lovely.

Comment

Working...
      X