Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bi-metal sub strap options

Hi all,

Looking for some sensibly priced (sub £100 if possible) straps for the bi-metal subs (I have both a new and old series). What's out there that's worth looking at? This is just to avoid scratching up the originals and help with day to day wear.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tim

Heard good things about Cousins rubber strap for Rolex. Supposed to be a RubberB/Everest alike for a 10th of the price.

Comment

Originally posted by pandadan View Post
      Heard good things about Cousins rubber strap for Rolex. Supposed to be a RubberB/Everest alike for a 10th of the price.
      Ditto on that in concept anyway; high quality rubber is the only strap I'd consider for a TT Sub. Hides would be too fancy, NATOs/kevlars too downscale. Have toyed with getting the Everest blue on several occasions for mine; I like how they integrate into the case (without end links) and allow you to retain the clasp.

Comment

May I suggest that you just use the bracelet Rolex thought best for the watch in question. They are strong, hard wearing and will not break even under extreme use. Furthermore they will polish up to as new condition every 5 years or so and look great.

Lesser models, especially at the budget end of the market may seem good but what if the quality of manufacture is not quite as good and the strap should break at the springbar end??? If you are lucky you will see it falling to the ground, but if you are unlucky...........how much would you then spend on future bracelets/straps.

I say this as one who, over 35 years ago, lost a watch rafting in a river. In many ways the strap/bracelet is perhaps the most important part of a watch, especially a high priced model.

Rolexroz

Comment

I had my DJ on this leather strap for awhile.

But it didn't stay on very long....

Comment

I prefer the DJ on the steel bracelet personally. I haven't quite adjusted the mind to accept rubber as an acceptable substance for wrapping around a wrist, and slapping a leather strap on a sports model (and the DJ is still a sort of sports model), is to my mind somewhat similar.

Oddly enough I have no problem with putting certain Rollies on a NATO, but they were designed to be used with one...................

Comment

Working...
            X