Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rose gold daytona - too girly?

Morning All,

I have a few watches in my collection and im thinking about selling a couple and getting a rose daytona as i feel this would get much more wrist time. I have always liked these with the ivory dial.

i am just a little unsure as i seem to see more and more women with rose Daytona's on their wrists! what does everything think?

If it's this one:
    http://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-co...ceramic-bezel/

Simply one of the coolest watches in the world!

Comment

I'm with you on that one Tim, as cool as it get..... personally prefer it in YG but either way looks great.

Comment

Having tried a rose gold Daytona recently with the steel and rubber bracelet/strap, I was impressed by the bracelet, especially the little rubber wings or fins underneath which allow for a very comfortable fit. But the problem for me is that I feel the rubber bracelet actually makes the watch look smaller than when fitted on a metal oyster bracelet.

As for cool, it all depends how it is defined........

I could have walked off with that watch and potentially saved a few pounds/dollars/euros/yen/etc on the list price, but when I asked about a steel Daytona, I was pointed to the many sites selling them for List + 50% and advised that the old adage of a waiting list approaching 8 years is now the new norm.

In my book the unobtainable tends to be much, much cooler than the discounted.

Rolexroz

Comment

While clearly not too girly if you are a girl, I would probably have reservations about the RG Daytona on my wrist. Looking at my collection (or at least the spreadsheet), I do not possess a RG watch. However, I have a number of YG and SS/YG watches. There must be a reason for that. And I can't get my head around the rubber..............

So it would still have to be the SS Daytona for me on a steel bracelet.

Comment

thanks for your replys.

i have tried on a few watches with rubber straps and must admit im not a massive fan, i feel they dont fit my wrist as well as the non rubber versions. i prefer the RG bracelet. i currently have the now discontinued SS Daytona with black face, and although ive been offered silly money for it i think its a keeper.

my problem is, 4 of my watches are not getting any wrist time. i think i need a trip out to try a few on and go from there!

Comment

I bought one around 2011 but never actually got to wear it, Fantastic looking Watch but it screamed out look at me ! . I tried to get my wife to wear it,she said it's massive and looked stupid, It became a safe queen ended up being chopped for a Platona. FWIW I think we all think we need a PM piece but the reality is a Good Stainless steel will,take some beating

Comment

Scooba, as ever, has nailed it. Steel looks great, is all but bullet proof and polishes well, and it is also much less costly than the PM watches.

Rolexroz

Comment

A great watch. My favourite Daytona and especially with the ivory dial. Very warm to wear on the wrist and in my view more subtle than in yellow gold. I had one last year and loved it but unfortunately I was persuaded to sell it my a customer! Ivory while you and I like it is however not a popular colour dial and therefore you may pick one up a little cheaper than a chocolate, pink or black dial.

Comment

I tried on the PM Daytonas at the AD. I could not get the rubber strap onto my 7.5" wrist. The AD commented that many people had that problem. The YM on the strap fit fine. I really like that piece but since I have ordered my retirement watch I am sticking with the DJ 41 with the diamond MOP dial on the jubilee bracelet.

Comment

afternoon all,

i headed into London yesturday with the aim of trying on the rose daytona and making a final decision. The day ended with me wanting a rose day date 40!!! (green dial)

So a few of my watches will be up for sale shortly and I'm in the market to purchase a new or used daydate.

Comment

Originally posted by harryplumb View Post
                        afternoon all,

i headed into London yesturday with the aim of trying on the rose daytona and making a final decision. The day ended with me wanting a rose day date 40!!! (green dial)

So a few of my watches will be up for sale shortly and I'm in the market to purchase a new or used daydate.

I love it! Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the AD................

I applaud the choice of the Day Date (having got one in a mere 36mm version) and while I have seen the green dial in a window, never seen it close up. It does look striking and is of course the Rolex colour.

Comment

Originally posted by V8EVG View Post
                          A great watch. My favourite Daytona and especially with the ivory dial.
                          Absolutely my preference also--the ivory looks perfect with the rose gold. I do think it would look better on a brown croc strap, but the black croc would certainly suffice for short term. Had my eye on one for a while now. Not entirely sold on the rubber strap however; to me the RG is a bit too elegant for rubber.

Comment

Working...
                          X