Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLC /PVD Removal.

I have a Project X Daytona 116520 ,

I was thinking who could remove the dlc finish ? . I don't think I will ever wear it as it is and with values going up maybe it was time to restore it back to original ? .

Bests

think bead-blasting and then a polish would give the most uniform finish... is the dial standard or do you need an original to finish the look?

Comment

I would need a new dial and hands.bezel and case back .

Next weekend I am going to a Rolex event I will ask what the official policy is ,My understanding is they won't work on modified watches. But maybe if it was back to Steel finish and booked in for service they replace parts on exchange basis at 50% new cost or is it they charge 50% extra if you don't hand in the parts

Comment

You may be lucky but my gut feeling is that Rolex will refuse to work on it due to the Project X conversion, That is the official policy.

Comment

Wouldn't you be best just selling the project x and buying another steel investment piece? Or is there a reason why you'd want to keep this one?

Comment

Originally posted by d4uk View Post
            Wouldn't you be best just selling the project x and buying another steel investment piece? Or is there a reason why you'd want to keep this one?
            not sure if any one would buy it as is . I thought it may be nice to do it for a little project . Ill put a pic up later

Comment

Originally posted by scooba View Post

not sure if any one would buy it as is . I thought it may be nice to do it for a little project . Ill put a pic up later
              Is it just 1 chip or is it lifting in numerous places?

Comment

Hi Simon,

it has a chip and the blue writing looks crap ,

It came with the original Rolex box and card etc but also a Project X box.

After talking through some options it would seam Michael Young who restores bracelets can reverse the DLC finish , I am going to a Rolex event next weekend ,I will ask if its reversed would they service it ? and at service replace the dial and hands plus bezel,

Did you find a suitable Watch for your wife ?

Bests

Comment

Originally posted by scooba View Post
                  Hi Simon,

it has a chip and the blue writing looks crap ,

It came with the original Rolex box and card etc but also a Project X box.

After talking through some options it would seam Michael Young who restores bracelets can reverse the DLC finish , I am going to a Rolex event next weekend ,I will ask if its reversed would they service it ? and at service replace the dial and hands plus bezel,

Did you find a suitable Watch for your wife ?

Bests
                  Hi Paul,
                  I would have thought the best result price wise would be to try to restore the chip. Everything else would start to get very expensive.......
                  Is this your brother in laws watch, the one they mucked him about with? Surely a nice picture on their twitter/Facebook etc with a question as to how is it best to repair their finish would get a quick response? If not personally I would be tempted to get the damaged part recoated myself and then have it put back together. That has to be about 20% of the price of removing all the coating and replacing parts?
                  My wife looked at watches, loved a pearlmaster in the window with a chocolate dial and diamonds,it was £28k and no movement on price! But would get me and watch I wanted within a week at list price if I bought it e.g. a white as daytona. The same is I bought an 18k lady date, my wife liked one that was about £15k. We haven't looked elsewhere yet, next time I am in Bournemouth I will try Charles Fox.
                  I want to buy something soon but lots going on and I won't pay list when I can fly to Italy and get 25% off!

How's the 1665? Have the plots got lighter?

Comment

Working...
                  X