No announcement yet.

Kickstarter with an in-house movement!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarter with an in-house movement!?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e?ref=recs_top

This looks interesting, as a concept and a watch. What do you think, folks?

I dunno. Depends on how you feel about risk. Without a US distributor and service facility I personally wouldn't do it.

Comment

Life is a risk, especially for me!

I'm seeing so many watches that I like the look of on the various crowd funding sites that I might well double my collection over the next year or so. Just don't tell my wife!

Comment

Well, I'm now seriously contemplating backing this project. Having done some reading about the company and their partners, this really does sound like a very interesting proposition, far from your average hobbyist wanting to make a dream come true by designing something. This company have designed their own modular movement, which they are now using to make the watches.

These guys know what they are doing and have friends in some high horological places. Bosch have been involved in producing the silicon escapement; they've had somebody that has designed, for amongst others, PP, and the reports about accuracy have been very good indeed. Even servicing sounds like a bargain, at an estimated CHF165.

So, I have used their design tool and think I'm likely to go for this, but with the leather strap:

Comment

Although I was seriously tempted by this offering, and I would have gone for the same model as you but with the stainless bracelet, I have quite a few KS watches waiting to arrive that are over the CHF 1000 mark! KS is really kid in candy shop territory!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
            Although I was seriously tempted by this offering, and I would have gone for the same model as you but with the stainless bracelet, I have quite a few KS watches waiting to arrive that are over the CHF 1000 mark! KS is really kid in candy shop territory!
            You're absolutely right! I'm finding myself tempted by so many of the projects, well watch projects.

Comment

Yeah, I hardly ever look at anything apart from the watch projects. Apart from watches, I have bought a pen (or 3) and a wallet (or 2).

Comment

Strangely enough, I was also looking at a recent fountain pen project.

Comment

Well, I have put my name down for one with all the trimmings. Only problem now, which colour to go for?

I'm thinking black or white, but I'm also tempted by the rhodium. Decisions, decisions...

Comment

My personal favourite would be the black dial. I just love the texture on it.

The next best option would be to go for that Just Blue - the depth of the colour is amazing and from the write ups I have read on the dials, they are made by some of the top dial-makers in the industry.

Comment

I just don't dig that shade of blue, man. I like the blue of my Sub.

Comment

Yes, but to fully immerse yourself into the KS world, you have to to be open-minded! And that blue is so distinctive..............

Comment

Yes, but to fully immerse yourself into the KS world, you have to to be open-minded! And that blue is so distinctive..............
                          A 6" pile of **** on your head would also be distinctive; it doesn't mean you'd want it.

Comment

So you really don't like that shade of blue then?

Comment

So you really don't like that shade of blue then?
                              What gives you that impression?

Comment

Working...
                              X