Insurance valuation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance valuation

So I visited my local AD today to have a valuation on 2 pieces for my insurance company. They charged me £30 on each watch which I thought was pretty good.
    I called one dealer on my high st and he wanted a valuation fee plus 1.5 % of the valuation price bloody con man

What! I am amazed anyone would charge so much for an A4 piece of paper with a few opinions on it.

Many insurers will do "new for old" so you don't need valuations. Were they rare pieces or was it a requirement for the insurance company?

Comment

My insurer doesn't even set a value limit any more!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
        What! I am amazed anyone would charge so much for an A4 piece of paper with a few opinions on it.

Many insurers will do "new for old" so you don't need valuations. Were they rare pieces or was it a requirement for the insurance company?
        No not rare at all, 38 k's worth so the insurance company insist on a valuation cert plus bracelet check every 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
          My insurer doesn't even set a value limit any more!
          How much is your premium,Chris,mine are on buildings & contents

Comment

Originally posted by forkhandles View Post

How much is your premium,Chris,mine are on buildings & contents
            Mine is B&C, too. I pay somewhere in the region of £770p/a. That said, it'll probably go up next year, as we're in the process of making a claim for accidental damage to some wardrobes.

Comment

Mine is B&C, too. I pay somewhere in the region of £770p/a. That said, it'll probably go up next year, as we're in the process of making a claim for accidental damage to some wardrobes.

What - while you were trying to build them with the power tools?

Comment

What - while you were trying to build them with the power tools?
                Nah! Wheldrake I plastered the ceiling, I put plastic dustsheets over and used tape to keep them in place, along with taping over any gaps to keep dust out. Unfortunately, when I removed the tape it pulled the finish off the cupboards.

Comment

If I ever need a handyman, I'll know where not to go to find one....................

Comment

If I ever need a handyman, I'll know where not to go to find one....................
                    Malaka!
                    As it is, the kitchen installation is coming along nicely, inbetween some bad migraines.

Comment

FFS mate, at least you only have yourself to blame when it goes wrong!

Comment

I spoke too soon! Installation has ground to a halt. The walls are so uneven and out of square that they're going to need rectifying before I can fit the units and worktops. No,wonder I've woken-up with another headache. I'm going to put the kitchen project on the back burner, for now, and concentrate on finishing the gym. At least then, I can clear the gym equipment out of the dining room..

Comment

Who needs a kitchen? That's why they invented Uber Eats and Deliveroo!

Comment

Who needs a kitchen? That's why they invented Uber Eats and Deliveroo!
                            Exactly - it's summer and we have a bbq!

Actually, as it is, the new kitchen is an addition to the current one, so no disruption to the 'delights' that my wife, ahem, prepares for our consumption.

Comment

Actually, as it is, the new kitchen is an addition to the current one, so no disruption to the 'delights' that my wife, ahem, prepares for our consumption.

What? You have lung disease as well as all the other stuff!!! Unlucky..................

Comment

Working...
                              X