New Air King...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Air King...

I made a trade deal today with my AD, ridding myself of my PAM564 which was running very poorly. It looks just like my 176 except for the seconds dial, and I felt they looked really too similar even though the 8 day movement was neat. Except it didn't run worth a carp, so I made the deal.

​Here are some photos with my steering wheel and car so I can show off with the best of them!

​Gets pretty good gas mileage but I'm not too fast since it is foot powered.

Congrats on the new watch, Bob!
    Love the steering wheel pics!

Comment

Nice watch. Congratulations.

Comment

Cool car! What's the 0-60 like?

Comment

Very nice. So much better than the old version.

Comment

0-60 time is 4 hours 27 minutes 13 seconds. Quarter mile takes about a fortnight. I'm sure the Ferrari and McLaren owners would be jealous.

​And yes it is a lot better than the prior version, to which I never gave much thought. I'm trying to find out if the Everest Milgauss strap will fit it since the cases are the same. I have an enquiry in to them.

Comment

Infinitely superior to a Panerai (in my humble opinion).

Comment

Funny that whilst I was constipating the deal I heard a salesman tell another customer that they just got in a JLC with the sector dial (5.7k US). I didn't hesitate but that JLC is a nice piece. Maybe I need to take a look at that. Pretty nice movement at that price. But I can't have everything, or can I?

​And I still have 2 watches yet to come. My Oris ProPilot has been in Switzerland for over 2 months now due to poor timing, horribly slow and inconsistent. And the new YES watch I ordered via Indiegogo is due this fall.

​Guess I can't have everything.

Comment

You're right - no-one can have everything but there is no harm in trying.............

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                    Funny that whilst I was constipating the deal I heard a salesman tell another customer that they just got in a JLC with the sector dial (5.7k US). I didn't hesitate but that JLC is a nice piece. Maybe I need to take a look at that. Pretty nice movement at that price. But I can't have everything, or can I?

​And I still have 2 watches yet to come. My Oris ProPilot has been in Switzerland for over 2 months now due to poor timing, horribly slow and inconsistent. And the new YES watch I ordered via Indiegogo is due this fall.

​Guess I can't have everything.
                    Tell us more about the YES.

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                      You're right - no-one can have everything but there is no harm in trying.............
                      Absolutely!

Comment

I believe this is the beast.

Comment

Yes on the YES. They have several different bezels available too. It has a rechargeable battery which is charged via USB.

Comment

I actually like this one, as it has the 24hr dial and the single hand, which I have in several examples, but it has the added advantage of the digital time readout as well. The light/dark day.night bezel works quite well too and I like the way they have put noon at the top of the dial rather than midnight as some other makers have done on their 24hr dials.

Comment

Reminds me a little bit of the slide rule watch currently looking for funding over on Kickstarter.

Comment

Working...
                              X