Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling wall clock fans - need to be quick!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling wall clock fans - need to be quick!

This auction might be of interest, but you need to be quick!

https://en.bva-auctions.com/auction/.../28178/7766283

Couple of these are also on ebay - the Tag ones. They have an asking price of £250 so it would be cheaper to get one through that auction.

Comment

Not a wall clock fan and proud of it!😀

Comment

Originally posted by bobdog View Post
        Not a wall clock fan and proud of it!😀

I tend to be of that mind-set too. A radio-controlled one in the kitchen is as far as we go as it is actually useful for telling the time.

And I am very dubious about the origin of these "dealer" clocks. There were a rash of them available a few years and the general view is they were all made in China. Without seeing a dealer's wall.

Comment

I also believe they were all fake. I saw some for sale 3 years ago in China for £20 each. I nearly bought one for my garage. Has anybody ever seen a clock like these on a dealers wall?

Comment

Yes, this is what I was trying to imply. Never seen one of these on a dealer's wall. Ever. Grateful if any TURFer can confirm whether they have?

Comment

i've seen the Panerai wall clock but it's tiny at 14cm and not cheap at almost £4k sure they used to do a Luminor Marina clock that was a lot cheaper

http://www.panerai.com/en/collection..._pam00585.html

Comment

Fakes from China ;-)

Comment

I bought a "Daytona" wall-clock from a Watch Collector a few years ago for my games room. Haven't got round to putting it up, yet...

Comment

Oh well, I may as well admit that I bought a "Green Sub" wall clock a few years ago to go in the study of a work flat I had purchased. The only problem was that, when vertical, the second hand would have enough oomph to descend but at about the 8 marker, it lost the will to live and couldn't go any higher...............

However, it would keep good time if laid flat. So it spent most of its time on a coffee table instead of the wall!

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
                      I bought a "Daytona" wall-clock from a Watch Collector a few years ago for my games room. Haven't got round to putting it up, yet...
                      Next time you see Fer, ask him about putting up bike racks!

Comment

My wife bought me a Submariner dealer wall clock for my study. Its of lovely quality with a smooth sweeping second hand and date. If its a fake, its a very good one.

Comment

Yes it is a very good fake. Or actually a Chinese version of something that does not even exist in the Rolex world!

Comment

I rather fancy this model. I got to work right on time today:

And for my coworkers who are numerically challenged:

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post

That's an interesting one!

Comment

Working...
                              X