Yet another KS pledge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another KS pledge

So I backed this particular Swiss design a while ago when it initially came out but it was unsuccessful. This time round it has got into the realm of the possible, as the target is lower and has already been reached.

What prompted me to back this (twice) was the design first and foremost. I have gone for the steel version and leapt on this quite quickly so have bagged serial number 1. Particular likes for me are the lug design, funky dial with the asymmetric divisions and mix between the numerals and indices. I would have preferred to have the date design as one date at a time rather than seeing today, half of tomorrow and half of today but this is on the whole something I can live with. The second dial, rather than hand is fun and different.

The case design is also quite distinctive - would like to see the screws either side of the crown to line up but probably a matter of coincidence if they do.

So the engine (a Sellita SW290) will be visible through a clear caseback:

Unlike many low-priced offerings on KS using off-the-shelf products, the Klynt is pretty well a total custom design and manufacture piece, so the base price is 849 Swiss Francs for non-limited editions with delivery next February. Limited editions (i.e. low serial numbers) should be delivered by Christmas.

Of course, it is not over till it is over, but it is looking reasonably positive at the moment, being well over 100% funded.

This is a reasonably different watch design that doesn't look like a clone of a or y or z brand, but I believe is individual enough to be regarded as a new standalone brand and design.

All models share the same construction and specifications. They are also available in PVD gold, black and gold/black.

Watch specs are:

Swiss Mechanical automatic movement SW 290
    Stainless Steel 316L Case (Diameter: 43,5mm / Thickness: 11,3mm)
    Lug to Lug 50mm
    22mm strap
    Top Domed Sapphire with AR coating, back flat sapphire
    Multi-Layer Dial Steel
    Skeleton Hands and Second Disc
    Calf Genuine Leather Strap with Steel Buckle

Comment

Looks good, hope it works out!

Comment

And I have to say it didn't hurt that the name of the the maker of this watch sounds the same as my favourite America movie star who became famous on the back of using a .44 Magnum (the most powerful handgun in the world). But just spelt differently!

Comment

And I particularly like the complexity of the multilayered dial.

Comment

I looked at that and decided it wasn't quite my thing - I'll probably change my mind once the campaign finishes!

Comment

Especially if the Axiom doesn't get funded!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                Especially if the Axiom doesn't get funded!
                Don't say things like that!

Anyhow, have a look at my new thread - I've found another trinket!

Comment

Seen it.

Comment

An attractive looking watch.

Comment

Thanks, Doc!

Comment

I must say that I am quite intrigued by this watch. Its got an eye catching design. I'll take a closer look later this week and maybe back it.
                        Its a shame you dont get the option of a metal bracelet.

Comment

I suppose the issue is that the cost and effort of developing a steel or titanium bespoke bracelet would bump up the price of the project.

I can live with the choice of leather straps. And could also put it on a NATO just for a bit of fun!

Comment

If you like this watch, it might also be worth a look at this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...wer-y?ref=recs
                            They're using a SW200-1 movement in a 47.5mm case and some pretty cool looking designs.

Comment

Why do you do this to me Chris?
                              Having a 47.5mm case worries me a little as Ive got girly wrists and 44mm is pushing it a tad to much so not sure with a 47.5mm.

Comment

Working...
                              X