Fancied something black and slinky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancied something black and slinky

Okay, maybe not that slinky, but made of carbon fibre. I'll be amazed if they can pull this off mind you - a carbon fibre case with a Seiko Sii NE88 movement for just AU$349!!! Bargain of the decade! Let's see if they can really deliver.

Oh, and this project has reached its funding goal.

Surely seems like a good price!

Comment

I looked at that and I had previously backed a forged carbon, rather than carbon fibre, offering that was unfortunately not funded. I'm keeping my powder dry for another forged carbon watch, rather than a similar looking carbon fibre one. Plus the creators seem to have relatively little grasp of project management as they seem to be changing things on the hoof, maybe with insufficient reality of costs.

The shiny photos are nice but you have to buy the manufacturer in this case, not the watch.

Comment

Fair points. I backed it when I did to get in on the price point that I got. However, as there is still a bit of time to go, if things are looking iffy, I'm prepared to withdraw my pledge.

Comment

Okay, pledge withdrawn, as they have now said they can't afford the NE88 and will use a Seagull instead! Instead, I've decided to pledge for this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

Comment

I am sure the carbon fibre boys will sell a few if they stick to the original quartz idea they had. Best if they "stick to their knitting" first time round and get known in the market, make a few sales, build up a customer base and then launch a new KS model with an auto movement. And I wouldn't automatically kick out the idea of a Seagull 19XX movement, as they are developments from the original Venus 175 tooling that was sold to the Chinese.

As for the new TSAO pledge, to be honest, there is not much that makes this stand out for me. The minute track, the hour numerals, case size, three hander with a date etc are all pretty generic,as is the Miyota 9015. If you want something similar but different, I would go for the Scuro - a three hander with a date running the Miyota 9015 but a little bit more attractive - bronze case, vintage graduated dial, Super Compressor styling of internal bezel, sandwich dial, good lume. Just my 0.02 pounds worth..........

Comment

I was down for the Scuro, but when I started to do some research, there were things that put me off. But, damn you for tempting me again! You listed all the things that attracted me to it in the first place.
              As for the TSAO, I just like the cleanliness of the design - it's just a plain, clean looking watch. I'd almost certainly go blue with it, too, as I'm more than likely going white with the Horage.

Comment

Chris, you know that you are supposed to stay with at least one project till the end so you actually get a watch!

And I am always happy to help other people spend their cash..............

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                  Chris, you know that you are supposed to stay with at least one project till the end so you actually get a watch!

And I am always happy to help other people spend their cash..............
                  LOL!
                  I don't think I've changed my mind on the Axiom or the Horage! (Well, maybe on colour) BTW, Horage have got some nice videos on their Updates section. White is now certainly the front runner.

Comment

Hurrah! Axiom here we come!

Comment

Working...
                    X