New Chrono hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chrono hunt

After finding the Rolex seadweller getting so much use I am thinking about swapping and older watch for a new chronograph.
    I am a sucker for Chronographs, ideally black face with white sub dials or close
    I have been think Jaeger le coultre deep sea chronograph but it's all black.
    I do like the AP chronos
    Not interested in new Daytona's
    Any suggestions? I would have to be trading my way into something so not I to the levels of Patek Phillipe

You could always have a look at some of the auction house websites and see what they have. Or, if you fancy going a bit left-field, see if there's anything on Kickstarter. Maybe a nice Axiom instead!?

Comment

Thought about the Tudor chronos? There is the Heritage Chrono in different colours, as well as the Black Bay Chrono now with the Breitling movement?

Depends on the price-point you are looking at. There are some really nice vintage ones out there across the price spectrum. New - I like the IWC range (probably the smaller one the IW3777 rather than the Big Pilot chrono). Classic pilot design, lovely clean lines and those sub-dials..............Plus the bonus of the day/date mechanism.

But one thing I saw in Baselworld was the Porsche Design chrono with the monobloc actuator - that looked pretty robust and with a great design. Very clean lines too but a more modern design and the tilting/rocking mechanism for the pushers is fairly innovative. It also has a 2nd time zone, and the novelty second "hand" at 9. Plus there is a date at 4.

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
        Thought about the Tudor chronos? There is the Heritage Chrono in different colours, as well as the Black Bay Chrono now with the Breitling movement?

Depends on the price-point you are looking at. There are some really nice vintage ones out there across the price spectrum. New - I like the IWC range (probably the smaller one the IW3777 rather than the Big Pilot chrono). Classic pilot design, lovely clean lines and those sub-dials..............Plus the bonus of the day/date mechanism.

But one thing I saw in Baselworld was the Porsche Design chrono with the monobloc actuator - that looked pretty robust and with a great design. Very clean lines too but a more modern design and the tilting/rocking mechanism for the pushers is fairly innovative. It also has a 2nd time zone, and the novelty second "hand" at 9. Plus there is a date at 4.

Bristling movement - go and wash your mouth out with soap and water!

Comment

Yeah, I am not sure there were many people outside of Tudor and Breitling that saw that one coming!

Comment

How about a Speedy.

Comment

I love that IWC.

Comment

Surely the new Autavia...

Comment

Cheers for the thoughts guys,
                  I think I will most likely be staying away from KS projects.Primarily because if I am going to be shifting some watches out that I like a lot it, the money raised I want to put into something that I am likely to not lose too much on if I have to sell- Pre Frances wages I think I would have several KS watches and was very keen on the Hyetis watches but thankfully never felt comfortable enough with them to put my money down- was lucky there as it never says the light of day and left a lot of people out of pocket.

I shall have a more closer look at the Tudor watches. I have a speedmaster albiet not a normal one which I had thought about for a while. IWC and Jaeger are an area for me to look more at.
                  I am not really feeling the Autavia Tony, the bezel and insert look too big for my tastes but who knows when we start seeing silver dial versions and also white dials, possibly with a tachy insert may look better

Comment

And I give you the Tudor Heritage Chrono; 1. black and grey and 2. grey and black

And (in my view) the most desirable colour scheme as it is more reminiscent of the Tudor Monte Carlo chrono of the 70s:

Comment

Or the Black Bay chrono............Only drawback on this is that David Beckham is a brand ambassador for it! Lots of vintage references, a bit of red writing on the dial, the steel bezel, riveted bracelet. And well under half the price of a Daytona. About £400 more than the Heritage Chronos above.

Comment

I must say the chrono heritage in cream and white has got my interest.
                        The black bay Chrono is quite nice but not so sure on the bezel and would imagine that it picks up marks very easily like the explorers.

Comment

As it is somewhat similar to an old (i.e. pre-ceramic) Daytona's bezel, all I can say is it is not too bad on the scratch front.

Comment

Are they on Kickstarter!?

Comment

Originally posted by bobdog View Post
                              How about a Speedy.
                              Certainly hard to beat it.........

Comment

Working...
                              X