First time since late March

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time since late March

I finally took my MK2 DRSD off today and found something else to wear my trusty MK4 . Not sure what that means though ,Honeymoon period over ?

It's good to have a change Paul, certainly no hardship to drop down to a mere mk4!, Hope your well.

Comment

Hi Bob

Change , I keep thinking watches , What to do ? . Possibly like all the chaps on the forums we keep changing, buying,selling , Im not really a dealer and as long as they don't cost me any money when I am in and out of them I am happy enough. I just sometimes think Does the one that cost X make me happier than one that cost Y . or can I justify this watch when one of my boys has a mortgage id like to clear but then the other two what do I give them to make things equal ,

How many watches is too many ? First world problems , My Father ,Brother Two of the boys manage with a watch then I'm trying to understand my predicament /pickle ,I get confused .

My Middle sons 30th in Jan , do I buy him a watch or give him money that will be spent on Hols and Football

Comment

I have way too many watches - I will be the first to admit that. However, there are things in life that make each of us happy and that we enjoy doing. Watch collecting/wearing is a relatively harmless hobby in the scheme of things, for those with addictive personalities.

I am not sure that the cost of the watch is related to the enjoyment I get - my latest acquisitions, mainly on Kickstarter, have provided a source of fun actually during the production phase as you can as a backer potentially influence certain elements of the design, and the average cost of these pieces is in the hundreds, not the thousands.

At least watches are relatively liquid, so if you need the cash for whatever reason, there is a good chance you can cash out relatively quickly.

I find that giving family members (especially younger members) watches has not been too successful. They tend not to have the same level of appreciation for watches as I have, so I now give cash - even though it feels a bit impersonal, I know it will get spent on what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
          I have way too many watches - I will be the first to admit that. However, there are things in life that make each of us happy and that we enjoy doing. Watch collecting/wearing is a relatively harmless hobby in the scheme of things, for those with addictive personalities.

I am not sure that the cost of the watch is related to the enjoyment I get - my latest acquisitions, mainly on Kickstarter, have provided a source of fun actually during the production phase as you can as a backer potentially influence certain elements of the design, and the average cost of these pieces is in the hundreds, not the thousands.

At least watches are relatively liquid, so if you need the cash for whatever reason, there is a good chance you can cash out relatively quickly.

I find that giving family members (especially younger members) watches has not been too successful. They tend not to have the same level of appreciation for watches as I have, so I now give cash - even though it feels a bit impersonal, I know it will get spent on what they want.
          A bit like buying Festool!

Comment

Or Mclarens or golf clubs or pens or whatever........................

Comment

Or Mclarens or golf clubs or pens or whatever........................
              Handbags and skirts for Harb!

Comment

Yes but particularly coloured skirts for Harb. Not just indiscriminate skirts....................... A real man of taste and refinement is Dr Harb.

Comment

Yes but particularly coloured skirts for Harb. Not just indiscriminate skirts....................... A real man of taste.
                  Most of it questionable!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                    Most of it questionable!
                    Hey Chris...

Comment

I would hate to think what Google have got in you search history with them:

Man in skirt
                      Bare male glutes in skirt
                      Man's bare bum
                      Flashing man
                      Man flashing

All with "Scotland" somewhere in there.............................

Comment

I would hate to think what Google have got in you search history with them:

Man in skirt
                        Bare male glutes in skirt
                        Man's bare bum
                        Flashing man
                        Man flashing

All with "Scotland" somewhere in there.............................

LOL! "Kilt mooning"...

Comment

Originally posted by scooba View Post
                          Hi Bob

Change , I keep thinking watches , What to do ? . Possibly like all the chaps on the forums we keep changing, buying,selling , Im not really a dealer and as long as they don't cost me any money when I am in and out of them I am happy enough. I just sometimes think Does the one that cost X make me happier than one that cost Y . or can I justify this watch when one of my boys has a mortgage id like to clear but then the other two what do I give them to make things equal ,

How many watches is too many ? First world problems , My Father ,Brother Two of the boys manage with a watch then I'm trying to understand my predicament /pickle ,I get confused .

My Middle sons 30th in Jan , do I buy him a watch or give him money that will be spent on Hols and Football
                          I see watches as a nice hobby, great fun in the hunt for rare models and doing a deal, relatively inexpensive in the sense that you can usually get most of your money back and sometimes make a profit.
                          There are far worse things my friends spend money on - gambling etc.
                          Last edited by simon_e; 14th August 2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

LOL! "Kilt mooning"...
                            Whoa! Who is the person gracing us with their presence!? (At least it's just their presence! )

Comment

Now just be respectful about our moderators!

Comment

Working...
                              X