KS again - the Opifex Venture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KS again - the Opifex Venture

So I seem to be developing a thing for multilayered dials........................

This is another KS venture - this time coming from HK rather than the Klynt from Switzerland. While that has a number of implications, the biggest will be the impact on the price as this is coming in at around USD 320.

The dial design is pretty full on with some interesting features. Firstly, it has a fully visible skeleton date wheel, a power reserve at 12. a seconds sub-dial at 6 and overall it has a semi-skeleton dial efffect, giving a view onto the automatic movement. The lugs are manufactured separately to the case and are available in a number of colours. The titanium case is black plated and 44mm in diameter. There is a textile/leather strap as standard, but a titanium PVD plated bracelet is an optional extra.

The water resistance is only 50m but to be fair it is not sold as a diver and even my IWC Big Pilot is only rated to 60m, so no great shakes there.

The ‚Äč FE01M is Opifex's first calibre. They mainly work on the skeleton date disc and hour wheel guard to ensure the uniqueness of Venture. For the other components, they have cooperated with Hangzhou Watch Company. They then assemble the calibre and inspect it in their own Hong Kong workshop. The accuracy on the 3Hz hacking movement is only between -20 and +40 seconds per day, so not a great prize winner but who knows till it is on the wrist how it performs?

As usual it is available in a number of colours. And as a picture is worth a thousand words:

I was just looking at that, but went more conservative, and this time I'll go with the blue dial.

Comment

Yes, I think it needs a pop of colour. I have enough stealth black on black watches. I was going to go for the blue on this model.

Comment

I think the blue on this looks really nice - I approve!

Comment

I would like a bit of lume on the 3, 6, 9 and 12 indices plus a double index at 12 if possible, just to match the lume on the dials but to give it a sense of perspective. Let's see a) if it gets funded and b) what the creators are happy to change!

Comment

Working...
          X