The William Tell Swiss made Kickstarter project at a great price

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The William Tell Swiss made Kickstarter project at a great price

I have backed a Kickstarter project that is interesting in the sense that it is a watch that is deliberately designed and manufactured as far as possible in Switzerland, not just the 60% minimum by value that is required before the moniker Swiss Made can be applied. The design is quite funky in that the ceramic bezel contains the hours and minute track, rather than being on the dial. Plus the lugs are invisible from above - a design that is not totally standard but quite attractive to me. The Sellita 200-1 is an ETA clone which is fine by me. Probably better than a Miyota 9100 or a Seiko NH35A used by many microbrands.

Some nice design touches here which will definitely stand out from the other watches in my collection.

Specs:

Watch case: 42mm stainless steel 316L, refined in Switzerland, entirely machined and finished in Switzerland with swiss laser decoration.
    Crystal: sapphire and machined in Switzerland.
    Gaskets: manufactured, turned and injected in Switzerland.
    Casing ring: in brass, machined and surface treatment made in Switzerland.
    Dial: dial painted and printed in Switzerland on brass plate cut out in Switzerland.
    Ring: synthetic, injected, treated and transferred in Switzerland.
    Hands: out of brass stamped and treated in Switzerland.
    Crown: stainless steel 316L, on tube in stainless steel 316L, machined in Switzerland with laser decoration made in Switzerland.
    Movement: 11 1/2 automatic Sellita SW 200-1 produced in Switzerland.
    Strap: Genuine leather, refined, cut and assembled in Switzerland.
    Buckle: stainless stell 316L with spring bar with double security produced in Switzerland.
    Casing operations: realized in Switzerland with various usual controls out of which waterproofing and precision timing.
    Presentation box: out of recycled material, cut out, folded and printed in Switzerland.

Different colour combos too. While black on black looks good, this one is quite attractive too!

Link is here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...uite-en-suisse

And you can't get much more Swiss than William Tell!

I can resist. I shall resist. I must resist! Arghhhhhhhh!

Comment

Is that your final answer?

Comment

So it's bout 400 bucks. That's a good price.

I saw a great looking tourbillon on there the other day I loved but it was made in China. Can't bring myself to buy a Chinese watch.

Keep letting us know if anything else you find interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
          Is that your final answer?
          Yep! I like it, but not enough to want to buy.

Comment

Working...
          X