Woodlands Australia aviation inspired Swiss movement watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodlands Australia aviation inspired Swiss movement watch

So here is another Kickstarter pledge. This time the references are fairly obvious but there are some major differences from the B+R influence. The square aluminium case is constricted in one piece, so there are no screws. It has a 100m water resistance, so could easily be used in the shower! It is not a discreet watch as it is 44mm x 44mm x 16mm high. The hands are very visible, nice and thick and the hands and dials will be lumed.

The engine is an ETA 2824-2, which for this price point is very good value. It has the standard sapphire crystal and comes on a utilitarian rubber strap, with 4 different colours available.

There are 4 variants of the dial, each with an aviation theme, some of which are more appealing than others, but I prefer the standard basic dial. I suspect you will be able to work out which one that is from the photo below:

The obvious question is why not buy a Bell and Ross? Well, I think that many of the Bell and Ross models are over-priced and they are not putting manufacture movements in them - they are modified ETAs. For me the monocoque construction is intriguing and the value on getting a Swiss movement is too good to miss. Plus I do not have a square watch in my collection.

I was very tempted by the speedo version.

Comment

And a thumbs down on this one from the Kickstarter supporters!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
        And a thumbs down on this one from the Kickstarter supporters!
        Remind me not to ask you for horse racing tips!

Comment

Fact 1: Not every watch project on crowd funding platforms gets funded.

Fact 2: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So combine the two and if there are a few failures here and there, not a problem..............

Comment

Working...
          X