Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on an Omega Planet Ocean

Hi all,

Ive been hankering over an Omega Planet Ocean 2210.51.00 for a little while since seeing a TV character wearing one a while ago. Its discontinued now but I did come across an online dealer who had a complete used one (2012) in apparently mint condition for sale with a rubber and steel bracelet. The price was £3500. Heres a picture with the steel bracelet.

Its a 45.5mm diameter so its bigger watch than I usually have and is 17mm thick. I've tried to shake the urge for this watch but it keeps haunting me and without trying one one to see what it looks like, Im a little hesitant.
    So my question is, what do people think and rate this watch and is it set at the right price? Answers on a postcard.....

Strap a brick to your wrist to see if you'do like it.

Comment

I have a PO but not the chrono version, so mine is a little thinner. I like big watches and this is no exception. I had the bracelet but sold it, preferring the Omega rubber strap and deployant.

Comment

Before I bought the IWC Big Pilot, I might have said this was too big for normal daily wear...................

However, I have mellowed and, not mentioning the size, I would say that the plus points for me are the hands - I love the arrow hands on any model. The only drawback for me on the PO is the number of bits sticking out the side. For a chrono, stop/start/crown is classic. The additional crown \for the ermm what does it actually do - there is no internal bezel) is a little bit asymmetrical and slightly spoils the lines for me.

Not saying I would turn it down if someone gave me this model as a Christmas present though.

Comment

You'd think that they could accurately align the triangle with the 12 index before taking the photo!

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
            The additional crown \for the ermm what does it actually do - there is no internal bezel...
            That's the manually activated helium release valve.

Comment

Manually activated! How common! Don't they provide a man to come and do it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                Manually activated! How common! Don't they provide a man to come and do it for you?
                Yes, yes they do.
                That man is Manuel who also brings the instruction manual.

Comment

Far better service than Rolex then!

Comment

I might be wrong, but I quite fancied one of these a few years back and was put off after reading on a forum that the movement on those could be problematic. Worth looking into though.

Comment

Working...
                    X