Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Over the coming few days, you'll see some changes happening to the forum.

Please see here for more details: http://www.newturfers.com/vb/forum/g...g-on-the-forum
See more
See less

A bit of GP love .......

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of GP love .......

This is a new arrival. IMO it's stunning. This seems to be a pretty rare beast. Over the past 12 months I've been eyeing GP and it seems they have a core set of models, and then a shed load of lesser produced/available others. They'll never appear in any brochure or on any website.

This model is is some form of flyback chrono, and is a great size - 40mm. It was introduced I believe around 2010 and is an update of another similar smaller model. This link gives some background http://patek.watchprosite.com/show-f.../gridviewer-1/.

I won't wax on about what I see as the highlights of this watch, I think the images speak for themselves. This is my first GP, I don't think it will be my last (I already have two other modeles that I'm eying up - those are both on the GP website :wink: :roll: ). Cheers!

Sweet!

Comment

Very nice watch. I love GP.

Enjoy.

Comment

Lovely watch. Is it in SS?

Tim, would you say the blue hands have been made by UN? If so, is there any reference you can refer me to that suggests this? I'm interested in getting something a fair bit less mainstream as my next but one watch and these details matter..

Comment

Beautiful watch, Alun, congrats!

The only fly in the ointment for me is the date window; I'm not a big fan of that position for the date window. But since I'm not fortunate enough to own this beauty, it's not that big of a problem for me!

Beautiful pics, as usual, too.
          Wear it in great health, my friend!

Comment

Cheers guys.

Harb - re the date window, I tend to agree - not just re the location, but really a date window at all. Punctures a sweet dial........

Comment

VERY NICE! Great pics, too. Thanks for sharing them.

Comment

Originally posted by ASW1 View Post
                Harb - re the date window, I tend to agree - not just re the location, but really a date window at all. Punctures a sweet dial........
                I'm sure you'll get over it!

Comment

Now that's a fine looking piece; like it a lot. I've been casting around for something to replace my for-some-unknown-reason less than loved UN (below), and this would do nicely. It has what I like about the UN, and less of what I don't (although I can't really say with any certainty what that is). All I know is I like the GP better--good work!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by red herring View Post
                    Now that's a fine looking piece; like it a lot. I've been casting around for something to replace my for-some-unknown-reason less than loved UN (below), and this would do nicely. It has what I like about the UN, and less of what I don't (although I can't really say with any certainty what that is). All I know is I like the GP better--good work!
                    That UN is a bit, dare I say, fussy in design.
                    But at least the date window has the writing aligned in a more acceptable manner

Comment

that's a VERY nice watch
                      I love it !

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
                        that's a VERY nice watch
                        It certainly is!
                        Very Germanic, too (in a good way )

Comment

Lovely pics of the GP.

Comment

Working...