Announcement

Collapse

Important changes in the Market Place

Please note that the Private Sales and Trades board has a maximum allowance of 1 listing per week. Any Member wishing to list more than this limit should post in the Dealers' Corner board.
All commercial sellers/dealers are required to post their sales listings in Dealers' Corner.
See more
See less

Sea Dweller 4000 116600 - Basel 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Dweller 4000 116600 - Basel 2014

Sea-Dweller 4000, ref. 116600

Attached Files

Here are some in the flesh photos:

Here's some images that show the 'semi top hat' crystal

Some showing how it wears on the wrist - in normal wear it actually sits well 'in' my wrist IMO

It will sit up if I try, and this is when you see how true it is to the previous model - it just looks so indestructible IMO

A few more views - IMO it really does wear rather well

Comment

Great photos. They look so much better than the official Rolex brochure pics above.

Comment

How does it feel wearing it compering with a Sub.
        The Subs crown kept irritating my skin. I was wondering if SD does the same thing.

Comment

Beautiful watch

Comment

If I was to go for another Rolex, I think that would be high on my list.

Comment

As much as I get diverted elsewhere I keep looking at these, I am sure it will happen sometime .

Comment

Absolutely love the raised crystal.

Comment

GREAT PICS

Comment

I'm a big fan of the SD4000. Had the opportunity to buy one the day before the price increase, but couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger. It doesn't seem all that popular for some odd reason. Do you think it has fallen between the Sub/Deep Sea gap, in terms of public awareness and popular opinion?

Comment

The SubC is probably the best-known Rolex sports model, both in terms of looks and branding, and for the non-cognoscenti (which is actually most of the population) it is the one they would buy first. No matter that the SD4K has a bigger depth rating, a 60 minute bezel insert and a helium escape valve, plus a slightly different case/lug profile - I suspect little, if any, of this is taken into consideration when someone is laying out 6k of their hard-earned cash.

I believe the price differential between the SubC and SD4K will stop the latter from selling anywhere close to the numbers of the former.

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
                        The SubC is probably the best-known Rolex sports model, both in terms of looks and branding, and for the non-cognoscenti (which is actually most of the population) it is the one they would buy first. No matter that the SD4K has a bigger depth rating, a 60 minute bezel insert and a helium escape valve, plus a slightly different case/lug profile - I suspect little, if any, of this is taken into consideration when someone is laying out 6k of their hard-earned cash.

I believe the price differential between the SubC and SD4K will stop the latter from selling anywhere close to the numbers of the former.
                        In fairness, though, none of those attributes are of any use to 99.9% of the population, and the Sub is comfier on the wrist (as well as being cheaper).

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
                          In fairness, though, none of those attributes are of any use to 99.9% of the population, and the Sub is comfier on the wrist (as well as being cheaper).

Absolutely my point. The Sub is better known and the SD4K differences have not won over any sales from the Sub. The main point is price - why pay a grand more for a watch that is essentially and outwardly very similar indeed?

Comment

Working...
                          X