TURF - The Ultimate Rolex Forum  

Go Back   TURF - The Ultimate Rolex Forum > General Lifestyle > Off-Topic Lounge

Notices

Old 19th February 2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Java
Super Moderator

Default Ipad music

For any Musos . The ipad is a great tool

On a Thursday night, if I am around , I go to a local pub where a lot of local musos hang out. It is usually a lot of fun
My wife comes along often, with her fiddle. There is always a bass player or two and a drummer. i provide the guitar playing.
Sometimes there are some young and very talanted people who risk joining us older musos.

This is where the ipad comes in. Plant it on a table , press record and the quality is quite surprising

This was last Thursdays effort, some of it at least

The girl singing a Sam Cooke song on track one is only 19! She also provided the keys

The bass playing on track 2 is very nice

Track 3 is a nice way to end the night with everyone joining in.

All of the music is completely unrehearsed and raw

We just do it because we like to.

http://soundcloud.com/java-tim/7-kokos-7

http://soundcloud.com/java-tim/11-kokos-11

http://soundcloud.com/java-tim/13-kokos-13
Old 19th February 2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Shane
Distinguished WIS
Black Level TURFer

I'm a big Sam Cooke fan so I really like that version, and she does have a really nice voice. The guitarist is pretty good too
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 03:45 PM   #3
NickIslander
Rolex Expert
Black Level TURFer

Those tracks are excellent and really enjoyable Tim! Good idea about the iPad...

As Shane says the singer has a lovely voice, although it's difficult to pick out anyone in particular, you all play so well and and understand each other (I guess you've done this sort of thing before! ).

OK, the guitarist isn't too shabby...

One of the things that I'm really looking forward to in early retirement is getting back into regular playing, (saxes, harps and (dare I say it in front of you... guitar ) both formally with a band and (even more) the sort of jamming sessions that you clearly enjoy! The Island has a thriving music scene, so won't be difficult.

The best way of getting high that I know, bar none! (Not that I exercise many of the choices, you understand!)

Last edited by NickIslander; 19th February 2012 at 03:49 PM.
NickIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 08:43 PM   #4
xelor
Rolex Expert
Black Level TURFer

Great music Tim. Sounds like being at a nice intimate concert. I wish there were more pubs around that had this type of atmosphere.
xelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 09:01 PM   #5
Java
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIslander View Post
Those tracks are excellent and really enjoyable Tim! Good idea about the iPad...

As Shane says the singer has a lovely voice, although it's difficult to pick out anyone in particular, you all play so well and and understand each other (I guess you've done this sort of thing before! ).

OK, the guitarist isn't too shabby...

One of the things that I'm really looking forward to in early retirement is getting back into regular playing, (saxes, harps and (dare I say it in front of you... guitar ) both formally with a band and (even more) the sort of jamming sessions that you clearly enjoy! The Island has a thriving music scene, so won't be difficult.

The best way of getting high that I know, bar none! (Not that I exercise many of the choices, you understand!)
Thanks Nick . You're going to have a lot of fun if you get back into playing again